Chapter 23

Amelia Hazel Smith 18
Saturday April 06, 2023

" Me tiad cah badda fih go a no beach," I said.

" If you haffi a do school, cook, clean and watch the baby you nuh muss tiad," He respond.

" Nuh wah nuh helper a me yard," I respond folding the last piece of Liyah clothes.

"You nuh wah no helper here so how you ago manage," He asked pumping up the floats.

" You did check pon the shop fimi ," I asked looking at Jay.

" The shop a gwan good," He respond.

" You affi go see wah gwan dung deh tho, plus you have package weh you seh you ago pack tomorrow you haffi go out pack them today after we go a the shop dem," He inform putting the pump down.

After packing Liyah clothes away in her room, I showered and head on the road.

Pushing the door to first ever business that I was able to get up a running within two weeks before coming to JA because of Jayde .
.
.
.
.

" Mek me see you nails, you hair look good thou," Jay said starting the car.

" It Tek over 3 hours me tiad uf, weh me baby deh," I asked looking around.

" She deh a mommy, you ago buy food or what dem done decorate fih Amir party it a start 1  and a 1:49 now so you a buy food and get ready or what?" He asked pulling out.

" Weh u mean by  or what," I asked looking up at him..

" Nothing b just a seh tell me wah u a do," 
He respond.

" You know what me nuh hungry carry me go home and gwan me wi drive me and me child go a the party," I stated looking out the window.

" Weh u mean me a carry we go a the party and dat a dat," He said  picking up speed.

" Just go fih mi baby and bring me a me yard," I respond playing with my nails.

"WHY THE FUCK YOU A SEH MI MI MI MI A FIH YOU ONE PICKNEY, ME SEH WE AGO A THE PARTY TOGETHER AND DAT A FUCKING DAT SO STOP QUESTION IT," He shouted.

Tears filled my eyes then slowly run down my cheek.

A me one bawl when somebody a shout pon me

His phone ring and he declined it, it then rings again and he declined after the name " Kasina" Pop up.

" Answer the phone nuh sir," I said then my voice crack.

" But watch yah, weh the fuck you a bawl fah, you answer it den since you insist," He spoke in a calm tone.

" Wah the fuck wrong wid you Jayden from me come you a move fuck up nuh tek out you problem dem pon me cause I did nothing," I said raising my voice a little.

" NUH FUCKING SHOUT PON ME," He shouted gripping the wheel.

" Wah me do you," I asked looking out the window. He remain silent and the phone rings again.

He answered and before he could talk the voice spoke.

" I'll see you at the baby birthday party later," She asked.

He hum and I shake my head.

The phone hang up and he pulled up to  his mom house.

He pull the door and head into the house,  he return with Liyah in his arms with her baby bag on his shoulders.

He strap her in and pull off, turning around to look at her, she is sleeping so I turned my head out the window.

We pulled up at the house and I hop out before the car stop taking Liyah out along with her bag.