Chapter 11

Ameila Hazel Smith 17
Monday July 31,2023
Port-de-me ,NYC

" Girl weh me ago do wid did yah?" I asked Paris looking at the piece of cloth she is holding up.

"Mnk but it look like a wah baby carrier something," She respond holding it up

" Oh a the cloth weh tie the baby round you," I said as realization hits me.

Mnk y me deh yasso a shop fih baby close n not even reach 6 months

Altho most of them are ordered online

" Me order some already," I continue picking up a blue jumpsuit.

Exiting the store, we walk to the supermarket to pick up small amount of food. Grabbing a trolley, we walk and pick the food items that we needed.

While going through the meat oil, I hear a voice that sounds too familiar. Look around the corner, I heart stop beating and I froze in time.

Weh the fk him a do yah

Pushing the trolley faster, I turned the corner three alleyway down.

" A weh u a run go girl?" Paris asked.

" Mommy seh me can go school wid you over yer wid you," Paris said jumping up and down with her phone in hand.

We hugged and finish shopping.

We affi go celebrate cause we have school tomorrow and we have hair and nail appointment.

After cashing the goods we carried them to the front and called a cab to get us.

" Me we carry in the heavy bag dem cause doc seh u nuffi bring ntg heavy," Paris said taking the heavy bag from my hand.

My back started hurting  about a week ago and my feets are getting swollen. Placing the bag with the snacks on the counter, I walk the fridge to grab the bag of grape and the peanut butter.

After taking my seat on the stool I dip the grab into the peanut butter then chew it.

Scrolling through tik toc, I finish eating
And carried the rest of grapes to the fridge.

Walking upstairs, I enter my room heading to the bathroom to freshen up to attend our appointment.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Snapping a few picture, I scroll through them and decided to set one as my lock screen.

Me belly a get round yah now

Snapping a quick picture of my tummy in the mirror

Rapping my hair in a bonnet, I brush my teeth and get ready for bed

Closing my eyes darkness consume my body
.
.
.
.