280

Chapter 280

Alone in a closed field of vision and the smell...

Random thoughts came and went in my head.

'Alone.'

Having to live alone means you have to know everything and take responsibility.

I was responsible for all actions and mistakes that society demanded, from contracts, reports, payments, and overdue payments.

The risk and pain of my judgments and actions were all mine.

It couldn't be shared with anyone. Because I didn't have an option.

'It's okay.'

But I got used to it after a few years.

I wasn't the only one who lived like this. I could still manage to live even if something shitty or difficult happened.

'I could handle it.'

However, situations that couldn't be dealt with... wouldn't there be certain situations that I wouldn't be able to deal with?

'I can't guarantee that it'll never come.'

Just like what happened to my parents... When a sudden disaster happens, I...

If there was a fire.

If I was sleeping, injured, or sick during that time... What if I was helpless and couldn't do anything?

'There are too many holes.'

If I am careless, I will die.

Dduk.

A cold sweat fell on my foot... No, it was strange that I could feel a drop of liquid on my shoe so heavy.

'Is it real?'

The smell was acrid.

But when I tried to check, nothing was visible...

"Park Moondae!"

Suddenly, a voice broke through the silence.

And something came up on my shoulder. ... It seemed to be a hand.

It was someone else's hand, not mine.

"Are you okay? Just stop for now."

Was I walking?

"Yes."

The answer came out reflexively.

I took a deep breath and stopped.

And I said something without asking.

"I thought there was a fire... ."

"Yes, it seems to have happened because the escape time limit was approaching."

An effect.

'Yes.'

To liven up the atmosphere at the end, they could create effects like collapsing buildings. I looked up.

Light was leaking from the corner of the hall in front of me. It was the blue light of the emergency exit.

"Ah."

I had already walked out of the darkest section of darkness.

I just didn't know.

Only then could I hear loud sirens, distant zombies, and artificial collapses in my ears.

"You must have been surprised on your way alone. I'm glad I followed you."

And the owner of the hand was Ryu Chungwoo, smiling shyly. The guy with the laser gun chased me in an instant.