325

Chapter 325

KPOP. A newly coined word that mainly refers to Korean idol music.

In fact, it was not a name given on its own in Korea.

'Perhaps the word has been around since the days of the Korean Wave.'

So, if the new mission was to 'break KPOP records', wasn't there a high probability that only records that were recognized abroad would be recognized?

I asked by text message to get confirmation about the status window.

[I've never thought of it that way, but I guess it's true.]

I hoped that it wasn't updated because I asked for it.

I closed my smartphone with a prickly heart.

After returning home, I was now sitting on the bed in my room.

Was I going to go to sleep? No. As soon as the completed copy of the special stage choreography arrived, I'd have to go to the practice room. It was because the end of the year wasn't such a fun season.

And likewise, my roommate who was sitting on his bed and waiting opened his mouth.

"If we have to break records, we have to do better than all our predecessors in the end."

"Yes."

He said 'I'll think about it' in the car, and he seemed to be really thinking about it. What a sincere guy.

The words that followed were characteristic of his personality.

"Why don't we take a look at a new evaluation item recently? It's easy for a new category to make a record."

It was a realistic remark worthy of a person who had run as an athlete.

"Let's see. First of all, there are tolerable records in Asia..."

VTIC owned it all. Fuck.

"Haha. Our seniors have been working hard, haven't they?"

"Yes."

They really were. They were number 1 for several weeks, a million-seller, and had a dome tour. All the records had already been set.

Even while TeStar focused on securing a domestic presence, VTIC even solidified its global presence... It could be seen that it was scratched and eaten.

"The same goes for South America."

"Yes."

Previously, the neighborhood where the K-pop market was a hit had a prominent record. Beating this record sometime next summer was a reckless challenge with just one live bullet.

And it was not necessarily the records of the predecessors that were the only obstacles.

"Everyone is still working hard. They have good results."

Globally, not only VTIC but quite a few groups had better grades than TeStar.

Ryu Chungwoo nodded as well, probably remembering what he heard in the company briefing.

"Well, it is difficult. Even if we try our best to create a good stage, there is no guarantee that the result will be good."

The entertainment industry was like that.

"It's a big question of timing and luck."

"Yes. There are many similarities, but I think it's a little different from sports in this area."

Ryu Chungwoo smiled bitterly.

"I tried to break records when I was an athlete, but celebrities don't just win and lose... It seems to be very complicated in that you have to win people's hearts."