3. Sneaking out

I meet August in the car. I didn't talk the whole car ride. How can my dad think, he just chooses who I have to marry. This is arranged. My dad is definitely responsible for this. I can't believe him. I look out of the car window when we stopped. There are so many people waiting for us. Camera flashes are blinding me. Yes, definitely my dad. How should they know I will go out with a ring on my finger? I take a deep breath when August grabs for my hand. We get out of the car and I try to see. I'm happy when we got safely into the restaurant where we get a seat near the windows. Sure, so they can even do live videos of the proposal.

DA: Sorry, but they always get so crazy.

E: Yeah, sure.

As if they are there for me. They are here because of me, or us, but no August not because of you. I roll my eyes looking into the menu to decide what I should order. I'm not even hungry.

DA: Oh Elisabeth. I have to tell you about my trip to South Africa. You won't believe what happened there.

I can already feel how this dinner turns out. He talks only about him, no word or question what I have to tell him. But maybe that's better because I don't have nice words for this. Knowing this will be my royal destiny I try to smile from time to time. But my thoughts are always somewhere else - or better with someone.

DA: Are you listening?

E: Hm, sure, go ahead.

I put my phone on the table when the waiters bring our food. I see a message.

Charles:
Boring?

I need to smile - the first real smile this dinner. I quickly reply to him since August doesn't pay attention looking around while eating and talking about his trip.

Elisabeth:
Save me, please...

DA: So, what do you think?

E: Sounds fantastic.

DA: Oh Elisabeth, you're just perfect.

He stops talking looking at me for a second smiling before he starts again. After finishing your dinner and not listening to August you see another message.

Charles:
Meet me at the back of George's. There is a door when you go to the restroom.

I look around excited. Is he really here? What did he plan? I stand up. Not wanting to wait any longer.

E: Would you please excuse me? I need to go to the restroom.

DA: You're excused.

He shows with his hand towards the restrooms. I nod to him once before I make my way. I try not to be suspicious while looking for the door but I just try it out. I get in the back of the restaurant where I see him leaning against his car. I get a big smile on my face.

E: You're really here.

C: Was it that bad?

E: Don't even ask. I can't take a proposal today.

His laugh turns into a surprised face while I nervously stand there.

C: He wanted to ask you-?

E: Well, at least that's why I'm wearing this to a date.

I point to my dress and sigh. Is Charles understanding my royal dilemma? He goes to his trunk, and opens it.

C: Well, I do have something here. In case you wanna get changed?

He smiles nervously and I look at him surprised. He really wanna help me out of this? I hesitate, but be happy. I take the clothes thankfully and want to get changed.

E: I need help with my dress.

He goes behind me as I turn my back to him. He moves my hair to the side and slowly opens up my zipper. I can feel the warm breath of him on my skin and a shower gets over my whole body. I try to breathe normally again when he stops and takes off his hands of my dress. I turn to him holding my dress with my hands.

E: Turn around, I'm still a princess.

I grin and he blushes before he immediately turns around. I jump into a sport outfit with a hoodie, probably his since it's oversized.

C: Looks great. They're my brothers girlfriends clothes and my hoddie so i'm glad it fits you.

Told you, his.

E: Thank you, Charles. I've never wore something so cozy before.

C: Jump into the car, if you want to see more of the normal world.

He opens the car door for you. I look back to the door to the restaurant and hesitate. Can I really do this?

E: I'll get so in trouble.

C: I think it will be worth it.