7. Be yourself

A couple of days have passed and I had a lot of meeting and arrangements to show of my engagement with Duke August. I never really cared the whole time. As soon as the cameras went off I went back to the palace in my room. I stayed there all the time. I didn't want to see anyone. I didn't want to be with August longer than I had to. He showed me he's a selfish man who enjoys the publicity he gets because of our engagement. He still talks only about himself. He never asks how I feel or what I think about something. The preparation for our wedding are already top priority in the palace. Everyone only talks about this. But since everyone thinks I'm only in my room, I talk to Charles. We call every night. Since he's in Italy for the pre-season tests we can't meet. I don't even know if we can ever meet, but I miss him. I miss his voice. He listens to me every single night how I complain about another man, which I have to marry. Arranged marriage is great, isn't it? Irony off. Sometimes we even fall asleep while talking on the phone. He's amazing. He cares so much about me.

MEANWHILE AT CHARLES

Charles is back home.

A: Did you talk to Elisabeth?

C: Yes, we called every night.

Charles goes to the window and looks outside with a smile.

C: Sometimes the whole night.

A: Okay, wow. You're so in love, big brother.

C: No! I'm not. She's just nice.

He shrugs his shoulders.

C: She's cute.

A: Just be careful. She's the princess and engaged.

C: Thanks for that reminder.

He sighs and let himself fall next to Arthur on the sofa.

A: So how do you wanna meet her again than?

It knocks on the door. Charles gets up.

He opens the door confused as he sees me. I don't say anything and just hug him tight.

Arthur mumbles to himself: "Sure or she just comes here."

C: Are you okay? Are you alone?

He watches me after he rubbed over my back to comfort me. He looks around and gets me in before he closes the door.

E: Well, you've been in Italy. I just wanted to see you again, I guess.

We look into each other eyes and I can't stop smiling. How much I would like to kiss him right now.

Arthur mumbles to himself: "Sure, not in love at all."

I see Arthur as I didn't understand what he just said.

E: Oh Arthur, hi. Sorry for interrupting you.

A: Don't worry, I was already on my way. Bye.

He quickly stands up, takes his jacket and leaves through the door. I look confused after him and than to Charles who also only shrugs his shoulders.

C: Are you really okay?

E: I can't be stuck in my room anymore. And maybe I missed you a little bit.

C: How did you escape? Do they know you're here?

He ignored what I said, even tho it was a bit hard for me to say it out loud. He goes to the window to look outside. He's nervous. Is it too much for him that I'm royal? Let's get the fun back.