51. The Royal Baby

CHARLES POV

Two months later it's time for us to be in the hospital. Elisabeth is in labor. Everything happened so fast. We rushed to the hospital last night after Elisabeth got pain in the belly. She got premature labor. I'm very worried for her. She's in so much pain but I can't do anything to help her than being next to her. I don't leave her side the whole night. We've been here since 3am. It's 11am now and it's getting better again but the baby is still not wanting to come. The nurses wants me to leave so Elisabeth gets some time for herself. Trying to sleep a bit or at least close her eyes for a bit. I give her a kiss on the head and rub over her cheek before I go out.

I get myself a coffee and Chris walks over to me. A lot of staff followed us to the hospital. Chris walks with me to the window to show me a lot of fans and citizen wait infront of the hospital. He asks me to go onto the balcony to talk to them. I agree and walk out with my coffee in my hand. The crowd cheers. Thousands of people are there. Insane.

They talks to me out of the crowd.

Crowd1: Is the royal baby already there?

C: We're still waiting.

I smile and look at this massive crowd.

Crowd2: Go to your wife, man!

C: I'll go right back. She's in good hands. She wanted me to say thanks to you for waiting here.

She doesn't know yet but she has to focus on the labor. I don't want her to think about the royalty now. Not today. This is just us.

Crowd3: Are you excited to be a dad?

C: Very, can't wait to meet our baby.

Crowd4: What's her name?

Chris is coming to me after I told them they're gonna find out soon. Elisabeth wants me back. The labor is back. She couldn't sleep. Poor her. I tell the crowd I need to go back and run to her room.

Elisabeth is screaming and I go back to her side, holding her hand. She's so strong. My hand is dying.

Midwife: Alright, we're getting there. Take a deep breath. Baby girl is coming!

C: You can do that, princess.

I hold her hand with both of mine trying to be there for her. I wish I could help her. She's in so much pain. She screaming and crying.

Midwife: I can see the head. Let's go Elisabeth!

I can see she's getting more weak with every press she's doing. She's perfect but I'm starting to worry. Shes breathing heavily. I feel lost. I need to help her.

Midwife: Could someone take care of the prince, please?

They bring me a chair to sit next to Elisabeth's bed. All I want is to help her.

Midwife: Okay, let's go. One more time!

She presses another time and we can hear a baby crying. Elisabeth let's go off my hand and falls back on the bed.

E: Oh wow...

I go over to her and hug her tight as the midwife and doctors care about our baby. I give her a kiss on her head.

C: I am so proud of you! So proud!

I let go off her as they're ready to put our baby on Elisabeth's chest. I feel so lucky. I'm so happy. How can this baby be so little?

E: Aw, look at her. Hello...

Elisabeth smiles and looks at her. Our baby looks exactly like her. She got her nose and ears, maybe my eyes. She already has some little brown hairs like Elisabeth and I. Her feet and hands are so tiny. I look at both of my girls proud. I can't help and a happy tear rolls down my cheek. I kiss Elisabeth again. She wiping my tear away.