47. Mistakes

Charles and I walk into the paddock a couple of hours later. It's always so excited to walk in here. I feel like I'm in another would, where I'm not the princess. Where I am just me. An ordinary girl.

As soon as we walk inside Isa runs into my arms to hug me tight. She's the best. The best friend I could ever imagine.

I: I've missed you so much.

E: It's been ages.

I laugh and hug her shaking around a bit. She lets go and points on my baby bump while taking to it.

I: Hey little one, you're not a secret anymore.

E: It's growing more and more.

She gets excited but Carlos wants to hug me as well. We say hello. It's good to see them again. I've missed all of them.

I: Oh yes, also hi to you Charles. This is just so excited.

C: Yeah I see, I'm not important anymore.

He jokes. He always wanted to baby to be priority, now he has to live with it. Ha. Also Pierre and Kika joins us. We talk for a while until Chris walks over.

Chris: Your highness, the media is insane. Please come with me for a quick interview to calm them down.

Isa leans over to me to whisper in my ear.

I: Uh, your highness?

E: The prince of Monaco.

I raise my eyebrow with a smile. Charles laughs. Looks like he noticed what we did. Sorry not sorry about that. Charles tells Chris, that we will do the team meeting first before we should do an interview. I'm so proud of him how he's stepping up, not doing what people tells him all the time. He's doing what is the best for him, for the baby, for us.

Chris leaves to let the media now, that we're doing an exclusive interview.

C: Alright, ready for the baby to meet the team?

E: Everyone is so excited and it's not even born yet.

Kika: Yeah, but look at the parents.

She's the sweetest girl. I give her a cute smile back before I walk with Charles and Carlos to the Ferrari hospitality. Isa stays with Kika. I'll join them later again.

We tell the team about the pregnancy and everyone congrats us. Mattia wasn't really happy about that. But this is our life and we do what's the best for us. This is our world.

I quickly leave them again to do their meeting and join the girls for a little talk. After Charles is finished with his meeting, Chris immediately walks over to get us ready for the interview. We never did this together without any preparation. I hope, it turns out okay. I kiss Charles as I notice he's getting nervous again. I hope he will deal better with the royal pressure as soon as the baby is there. I wish for him.

Chris chose Sky Italy. A young woman is doing the interview with us.

Sky: We're so happy to be here with the F1 royalty. A real life princess and prince. Princess Elisabeth of Monaco, good to see! Charles, it's been a crazy year for you. How do you feel?

C: Amazing, I hope I can win the championship this weekend.

He looks over to me and takes my hand in his. I smile happy, giving him the shine. I don't want to get in the focus on the race weekends, even tho this interview is about the both of us.

C: I'm a very lucky man.

Sky: It's amazing how you're able to handle the championship, a marriage and now even a royal baby. Congratulation.