34. Ferrari

C: I'm sorry, I have to go to Maranello. They wanna talk about our engagement.

Charles walks into the room, where Simon, Dad and I were talking about the upcoming events. I turn to him concerned.

E: I would love to come with you?

C: Stay here and rest. I'll be fine.

He kisses me and massages my neck a bit. My back is already hurting and I don't even have a baby bump yet.

E: I should come with you. That's about us.

I stand up. My dad looks proud.

KG: Very mature.

I smile and take Charles hand to leave.

C: Thanks for coming with me.

E: It's us from now on.

I kiss him before we get into the car and make our way to the Ferrari Headquarters.

SIMON POV

S: He's good for Elisabeth.

KG: Charles made a good process. Wasn't sure at the beginning but I'm proud.

I smile and we start to plan the wedding and baby news with our media team.

ELISABETH POV

We arrive in Maranello. It's a long way but I love car rides with Charles. We do carpool karaoke and laugh a lot. We can be us. And I never wanna miss these kind of days with Charles.

As we arrive in Maranello there is already a mob of Paparazzi waiting for us. I've always wondered how they find out we will be there. Or maybe my family gave it to the media. Who knows.

Charles grabs my hand while Ryan and Tom try to hold back the paparazzi. He doesn't let go of my hand as we walk into the building. He pushes me gently infront of him to protect us more. They really mod us.

C: Are you both okay?

I nod and kiss him. I see that he needs some time and give him this time. He takes my hand as he's ready, and knocks on the door. Mattia opens it for us.

M: Your highness, I didn't know you would've come as well.

He looks to the other team members surprised.

C: Elisabeth is my fiancee  and this is about us, so she will be here as well.

I wave hello and sit down on a chair next to Charles.

M: Okay, well, we were very surprised to hear about your engagement. Congratulations, by the way.

He looks to me and I nod thankful.

C: I didn't know I have to ask for your permission.

M: We are in the middle of the season. We should know about your plans. We wanna win the championship with you.

He looks to me and squeezes my hand.

C: The wedding will be in three months.

M: Charles that's in the season? Why don't you do that in the winter break? Or next year? Doesn't a royal wedding need time to organize?

E: We have enough people who help us with that.

Mattia shakes his head.

C: It will be in the break between Qatar and Texas. It's fine.

M: No, we need your full focus on the races, Charles.

I sigh.

E: We won't get distracted and will be focused. We talked about everything.

M: I hope so. And after the wedding? Are you gonna be a prince and give up on racing?

He looks to me. We haven't talked about it yet - at least not together. I haven't told Charles about the conversation with Dad and Simon the other day.

E: Actually, I talked with the King. Charles can continue to race.

Charles looks surprised to me and get the biggest smile on his face.

E: Of course there will be more safety rules, also for you. The palace will get in touch with you after the wedding.

I stand up, leaving them all speechless.

E: That's it, or? Anything else to barely need to talk about?

Mattia shakes his head being confused about your royal attitude. I didn't show them yet, but not only Charles has to protect me also I need to protect him.

E: Perfect, goodbye.

I go to the door, showing Charles to follow me. Ryan opens the door for me. I lean against the wall as we're alone. Charles doesn't say anything. Was it too much??

E: Sorry for that little princess attitude but he annoyed me.

I play nervously with my dress. Charles starts to laugh which makes me look confused.

E: Why are you laughing?

C: You're cute when you're nervous.

He nudges my nose. I hit him playfully against the arm.

E: Hey!

C: I love you too, princess.

I pull him back by his arm. I put my hand on his cheek and kiss him gently.

C: But I agree, Mattia was annoying.

He winks as he opens the door for me, which makes me laugh.

Us against the world.