50. Home

A couple of weeks later, we're back in Monaco since the season ended and the winter break is here. We had a wonderful Christmas. The first time for us together and next year we're gonna be three. That's so surreal. We also celebrated New Years together. It was Charles first royal events which are so important to the civil. We had a lot of going on. But he was doing very well. Charles has been in Maranello after Christmas and New Years to start preparing for the new season. Even tho we should be on a winter break, we didn't have a lot of time together. Like just the two of us. If it's not Formula 1, it's the royalty who needs us.

It's been a few days since the Preparation is starting but Charles is home today. He rubs over my baby bump gently and puts his head on it to listen to the baby. He always talks our baby girl everything what's going on. I love how caring he is already. I'm sure they'll have a very special bound.

C: Baby girl is growing so much lately.

E: Yes but it's time for it to be over.

I laugh with a moan. The nights are sleepless. My back is hurting so much lately. I can't wait for the baby to be here.

C: Just a few more weeks.

Charles kiss me gently. He tries to do everything to help me but that's in my own now. I'm just happy we have some days for us now. I look at my phone and jump up.

E: Dad wants to meet us in 10 minutes. I forgot to tell you, sorry.

He just laughs and takes me hand to go downstairs to meet my Dad.

E: I wonder what he wants. Have you talked to Simon about leaving the royalty?

I'm still thinking about this. I want to protect our baby at all cost.

C: Yes, but he also thinks this won't be the solution to our problem. We are public persons. We won't be private anymore. Plus you belong here, Betty. You're meant to be a princess.

E: I don't want baby girl to have the same pressure like me. Always being perfect, no mistakes allowed. I don't even know how to deal with it.

C: If you wanna leave, I'm with you. I just don't think it's the right decision. We should find another way.

He stops as the guards open the doors to the office of my Dad. We greet him and I wonder because mom is also there.

E: Why did you want us to be here?

KG: Your mom and I have a little surprise for you. It's an early gift for your parenthood and you winning the world championship, Charles.

We're curious as he tells us we need to take a little walk with them. We walk around the garden to the other side of the palace. We stand infront of a little back house.

KG: Surprise

KG: Surprise.

My jaw drops as I already know what's going on. Charles looks confused.

E: You're kidding me, Dad?!