32. Racing

It's been a couple of days and my Dad decided to invite Charles family over to get to know them. I haven't seen Lorenzo since our first time again, so I'm probably even more scared about him than our families meet.

I stand with Charles at the entrance of the palace while waiting for his family to arrive. I rub my hands as they get sweaty.

E: I have no idea, how this night is gonna end.

He tries to cheer me up and gives me a kiss on my hair before a car drives in front. His mom, Lorenzo, Arthur and Carla are getting out. Pascale walks over to us first.

P: Wow, you already look like a prince, Charles.

I smile as she looks around impressed. I show Charles he can go first. The royal protocol tells him to stay back. He smiles happily to me before he hugs his mom.

C: Hi, thanks for coming tonight and sorry for the last minute notice.

My dad decided that last night. They had to reschedule everything to make it work. I walk to them and hug Pascale and then Arthur and Carla.

E: It's so nice to see you again.

P: I still need to get used to my son dating the princess.

I smile to her before I look to Lorenzo. He actually neck bows. I sigh.

L: Good to see you again.

I see how he checks me out from head to toe. I try to avoid his look and invite everyone in. We make our way to the palace and I tell them the basic formal rules before they meet my dad. For him it's all about respect. The guards open the door for us.

E: Please welcome Charles family.

They curtsy or bow as we walk in. Anna runs straight to me so I pick her up.

A: I wanna meet uncle Charles family!

E: Please give them a minute to introduce their self okay?

I give her a cheek on the hair. I notice how Lorenzo leans to Charles and complains about Anna calling him uncle. Charles ignores it and introduce everyone by name.

Pascale: It's an honor to meet you, your majesty.

He smiles. That's good sign tho. We all sit down and have a nice dinner together while our families get to know each other.

KG: Well, there is a reason why we invited you tonight, right Elisabeth?

I nod and get nervous. How will they react? Like dad? I turn to Charles family but he already squeezes my hand.

C: Elisabeth and I are gonna marry in three months.

Their faces are full of shock. His mom puts the napkin to the side.

P: You're not even engaged? You only know each other for a couple of months. Charles?

I look down as Charles looks over to me. I can't tell it. She liked me, and now I'm ruining it - again. Lorenzo starts to laugh which makes me look up.

L: Don't tell me you're pregnant.

P: Lorenzo, stop that. Her family is here.

She whispers but we can all hear it. Simon kicks my leg under the table and gives me a questionable look. I shake my head and put on a smile before I turn to Lorenzo.

E: Yes, I'm six weeks pregnant.

Charles smiles to me happy, putting our hands crossed on the table.