21. The Leclerc's

Since we didn't go to Charles mom yesterday I promised him to go today. I get myself ready and look into the mirror. I hope she likes me. It's very important to me that she likes me after I felt in love with her son. Charles hugs me from behind and smiles while looking with me into the mirror.

C: You look gorgeous like always, princess.

E: Time to go.

I lean myself more into his arms because he always gives me the feeling, that everything is turning out okay.

We make our way to the house of Charles mom. Ryan is coming with us. I can never go out without him. But he's okay, he protected my sneaking out to meet Charles. That's the most important thing. I look out of the car window to her house as we arrive. I take a deep breath, and get even more nervous now.

C: You'll be fine.

He notices it. He always does. He squeezes my knee with a smile. I look at him and nod. He gets out of the car and opens the car door for me. Always such a gentleman. His mom raised him right.

We go the stairs up to her house and ring the door bell. A man, a bit older than Charles, opens the door for us. He sees me and bows.

Lorenzo: Your highness, I'm Lorenzo. Charles big brother.

E: I'm Elisabeth, nice to meet you.

L: It's my pleasure.

We shake hands before he turns to Charles and pulls him into a hug.

L: Good to see you again.

They start talking a bit and I need to smile. They have a good relationship and they mean a lot to each other I can tell. We walk into the house where a woman stands in the kitchen.

C: Mom!

Charles walks over to her and hugs her tight. They haven't seen each other for a long time and I kinda feel guilty for this. I stay behind to let them have her moment.

Pascale: How was Canada?

C: P2!

She hugs him again very proud and happy. Charles turns to me and waves me over.

C: Mom, please meet my girlfriend Elisabeth.

P: Oh, your highness. I didn't expect you to come today. I'm Pascale, Charles mother.

E: Nice to meet you. I'm Elisabeth.

She curtsy and gets stressed. I shake my head.

E: Please don't. You don't have to curtsy.

I show her she doesn't have to curtsy. They are family, Charles family. I didn't want it to be very formal or awkward when we're together. But there she is the awkward silence where nobody knows what to say anymore. It always makes me nervous. I feel the eyes of Lorenzo the whole time on me. Why is he staring like this?

C: Where is Arthur? Thought he wanted to come over as well?

L: Yes, he's upstairs with Carla.

We all go over into the living room and I sit next to  Charles onto the sofa. Pascale is coming a few seconds later with some tea and cookies. She puts it onto the table.

P: I hope, this is good enough for you, Princess Elisabeth.

E: Sure, just treat me like a normal girl please.

Suddenly I feel some arms around my neck, because someone is hugging me from behind. I see the big eyes of Pascale since Charles is sitting next to me.