30. The King

A week later the royal dinner is there. We invited some politicians for a dinner. I'm scared that it's time to tell Dad tomorrow. Simon's deadline is coming to an end.
But not only that, also it's Charles first official time to be a royal next to meeting the british royals two weeks ago.

I smile seeing Charles in a suit. I go over to kiss him gently, wrapping my arms around his neck.

E: You look awesome.

C: I love you, gorgeous.

He kisses me again and lifts me up a bit. Lisa walks into my room and wants us to come. We walk over to the dining room, where we meet the rest of my family. We have to be formal tonight. I curtsy while Charles bows.

QS: You look very pretty, my dear.

My mum says. She looks to Charles.

QS: Very handsome, Charles.

He smiles and neck bows again.

KG: Charles, are you excited for your first dinner where you're not the guest?

My dad walks over to Charles and puts his hand on his shoulder. I smile seeing them like that.

C: Your majesty, I'm really looking forward to it.

KG: You want a drink? I'm happy you're a part of the family now.

Well, hope that will still last after he hears the news. I love how my Dad finally accepts Charles. He gives him a drink and they start to talk. I realize I'll ruin everything for what we were fighting. My mom puts her hand on my back.

QS: You okay, my love?

I give her a soft smile and a little nod. I haven't even tell my mom about it. But I'll need her. Charles meets my eyes while he's talking to my dad about the politicians.

The door opens and Simon walks in with Madeline, Anna and Liam.

S: Hello, sorry, we are late but Anna was struggling a bit today.

Anna: Aunty Betty!

She runs to me and I pick her up happy. She's such a sunshine.

KG: Well, that's the thing with kids. You weren't any better when you were their age. Your mom had always something to do with you.

Everyone excepts Simon, Charles and I laugh. My smile fades and I watch to Anna. She puts her hand on my belly with a grin.

A: When are you gonna have a baby, Aunty Betty?

My heart beats faster. I don't know what to do, how to act, what to say. But my dad is already walking over to stroke over Anna's cheek.

KG: That's not so easy. You're getting a baby after you marry someone. That's how it works.

I swallow. He won't accept the baby news. He will never be okay with that. I hand Anna to Madeline, saying I need to go to the bathroom. I can feel the looks of Charles and Simon. But I need to go now. I need to escape.

I only walk out the door. The guards are closing the door again and I lean against the wall next to the door. I can't believe I ruin everything. I was so in love with Charles, I didn't care about any consequences.

Charles walks out, looking for me. I still lean against the wall. He sees me and puts me into a hug.

C: It'll be okay, princess.

E: He'll never forgive me after that.

S: No, he loves you. We all love you.

Simon followed Charles and heard me. I shake my head. I've never been so scared about something before.