26. British Royals

SUNDAY - RACE DAY IN SILVERSTONE

I enjoyed the qualifying yesterday and was very proud of Charles getting Pole position. I'm happy he can still focus on his race even tho I only bring trouble to him. Today is the day, Charles will have his first royal engagement. I always need to giggle when I notice he gets so nervous as soon as we talk about it. For me it's the normal thing in the world. The other royals are just like everyone else, but for him it's the one of the most important people in the world.

E: Are you ready for your first royal engagement?

C: I think so. I hope I'll do everything right and that I won't disappoint you.

He sits on our bed, having his hands in his lap. He looks to them while he starts playing nervously with them. I go over and sit on his lap, putting my arms around his neck.

E: You won't, Cha. Like I said, they're just like us and very lovely. No need to stress yourself.

C: I try.

He laughs nervously and I take his hand. I feel like it really puts a lot of pressure on him and I don't want to drag him into something he might don't want to. That's how it started with Simon's ex-girlfriend.

E: It would be okay, if you don't want to be in this royal world. I can understand.

C: No, don't even think about it. I won't leave you again. I knew from the beginning what it will mean to be with you.

He kisses me gently, which makes me smile into the kiss. He's perfect in every way. But suddenly I feel sick. I put my hand infront of my mouth and run quickly to the bathroom. I throw up. Charles follows me and holds up my hair again. He is so caring.

C: Babe, I'm getting worried now. It's not like you drink something yesterday.

I throw up again, before I think I'm done. I go over to the sink to clean my face. I take the towel to make it dry from the water while I turn to Charles who has the worries glance on his face.

E: It's probably just the stress. Everything is new here, you know?

C: But we're going to see a doctor if you're not getting better, alright?

E: I'll be fine, Cha.

I give him a soft smile and try to keep myself together. Charles gives me a hug before we make our way to the track.

As soon as we arrived we say goodbye and I make my way to the paddock club where I have to meet William and Kate first.

Kate: Hello Elisabeth, it's so nice to see you again.

She hugs me since our families are pretty close and we met a few times already.

William: How is Simon? Haven't heard from him for a while?

E: He's good. He would've love to see you again. I asked me to say Hello from him to you.

K: We wanted to say sorry for what happened to you. He heard about the news. We hope you're okay and you feel better.

August. He keeps following me. It's sweet how caring they are.

E: Yes, actually I wanted to start a foundation. Maybe you wanna work together?

It's always about cooperation. Kate already smile interested. But we stop as we see Ryan and their bodyguards coming over.

E: So, it's time to show you around the paddock. I'm still new but I know a few things already.

We start to walk around the paddock and I show them the things I know. We stop infront of the Ferrari garage. I give Charles a little smile.

W: So that's the man the whole world is talking about right now?

I nod and wave him over. I see how Carlos pats on his shoulder to comfort him. I smile. Charles bows as soon as he is with us.

C: Your highness, it's a pleasure to meet you.

E: Please meet my boyfriend Charles Leclerc.

I take his hand into mine. Kate and William introduce their self and we talk a bit before Charles has to go back to his team.

C: I'm sorry to leave again, but I need to prepare for the race now.

He gives me a kiss on the cheek and bows to the other two.

E: Good luck for the race and please be careful.

C: I will, princess.

He winks and runs back to the garage. William and Kate watches us happy.

W: He's very handsome, Elisabeth. Good choice.

E: Thank you, I appreciate it.

I'm glad they like him. It's also good for Charles to know. He will be accepted from other royals. But at the end it's my choice who I wanna be with, right?

K: Alright, let's talk about your foundation. What was on your mind?

We walk back to the paddock club since the race is about to start soon.

E: After my experience with August I head about a lot of other girls who went through the same. Who gets abused from their boyfriends. I want to protect and support these girls.

K: Oh, I love this idea.

We start to talk about details. Later we watch the race from the balcony of the paddock club.

Final results

P1 - Charles
P2 - Carlos
P3 - Lewis

I watch him celebrate with Carlos and his team. I'm getting sad I have to be over here and can't celebrate him. I can't be a supportive girlfriend.

W: Congrats to Charles. We're going to give him his trophy.

They say goodbye to me and leave. I didn't know they're doing the podium celebration. I look over to Ryan with a questionable glance. He nods into the direction.

R: Go.

I smile and start to run, followed by Ryan and Tom. I see Isa and call her. She hugs me happy.

I: Done with your royal duties?

I nod and show them Kate and William walking on the podium. Isa grins as she takes my hand. She pulls me right into the team. I can feel so worried looks of Ryan and Tom on me. But I'm happy they stay back and let me a be a normal girl. I watch the podium celebration with Isa together and squeezes her hand. It's so excited seeing him up there. I feel so proud of him. Charles loves what he is doing. He's very passionate. He notices me down with his team and points to me with his trophy in his hand.

C: I love you.

He mouths to me and I give him the proudest smile.