42. Mistakes

TEXAS GP - CHARLES POV

I walk into the paddock and all of the cameras are surrounding me. It gets very crowded and I'm already so lucky, Elisabeth isn't here. This wouldn't be good for the baby. I got two new bodyguards who are gonna be with me from now on. The palace protection. I wave and smile to everyone.

Sky: The F1 Prince finally arrived. Charles Leclerc married Princess Elisabeth of Monaco last week and looks pretty good for this race weekend.

I already see her walking over to me. She stops me to ask me some questions. I wait for Mia and Chris to record the interview.

C: Hi, good to see you.

She congrats me to our wedding and what it dream it has to be. We talk about it for a few minutes. It's a day I'll never forget.

Sky: We expected to see Princess Elisabeth today. Where is she?

C: She stayed in Monaco for some royal duties. She gonna finalize her new foundation. I'm very proud of her.

It's the statement we worked on together. There always needs to be a good reason why she's missing a race of me from now on. Thanks to Lorenzo that girl wants to be with me every weekend. Cutie.

Sky: Oh what a shame. How do you feel for this race weekend after that wedding? You still need points for the championship.

C: I'm the best version of myself.

Mia: Alright, that's enough for now. Please use your media time later. Thank you.

Mia is in charge for the Formula 1 media, but Chris record everything in case the palace needs to help me out someday.

I say bye and walk over to Ferrari, giving some autographs while meeting fans in the paddock.

Carlos: The prince is here!

He and the whole team cheered. They hang up decoration and balloons for me being married now. They even got a cake. That feels better than a birthday. I thank all of them and we get some cake for everyone.

Carlos: Where is Elisabeth? She's okay?

C: She needs to rest.

Carlos: Good for her. Well what a year, mate. Exciting things coming up but don't forget our championship. We need to get the team championship and you can still beat Max.

I nod excited and great that we turned into such good team mates, maybe Isa and Elisabeth helped us to be better friends and team mates.

Carlos: Are you coming to Landos party tonight?

C: Well, I have these guards with me now.

I nod behind me and Carlos looks confused, asking why I have them.

C: Safety reasons. They're a bit overprotective.

I roll my eyes annoyed.

Carlos: Hm, okay. Let's go to the party anyways. You should still have fun.

I laugh and we make our way to the first practice.

Later I get a shower in the hotel and call Elisabeth on Facetime. Timezones sucks so I hope I don't wake her up now.

C: Good morning princess.

E: Hey prince, how are you?

C: I miss you.

She's still sleepy but awake. She looks cute with her messy bun, sleepy eyes and that little smile.

E: I saw your practice. You were good.