8. Suspicion

Luckily nobody noticed I was gone the last evening. I still lay in my bed since I don't really have motivation to do any royal stuff. I roll my eyes when the doors of my room opens and Lisa walks in.

L: Your highness, Prince Simon.

I put the pillow on my face before I sit up. I look at my brother annoyed as he walks in.

S: How are you? Haven't seen you a lot the last days. You missed dinner last night.

E: Seriously? You really ask me that?

I raise my eyebrow. Is he kidding me? What's is going on with him? He was never like this. Simon sighs and walks over to my bed. He sits down while running his fingers trough his hair.

S: I'm sorry that happened to you.

I ignore it. I can't deal with it. I take my phone back in my hand and scroll randomly through social media. Simon puts my phone down.

S: Please try. At least a little bit.

E: Wasn't you the one who said he wants to get me out of this?

S: I tried. I talked with dad a couple of times. He sticks to his decision.

E: Oh wow Simon, I could've tell you this wouldn't work out.

I roll my eyes thought he would do something else. I even laugh. This is ridiculous.

S: I checked his records, his background, his family. He's clean. No chance.

I look down. My eyes filled with tears. He's right, there is no way out of this. I have to marry August. Simon puts his hand on mine.

S: Elisabeth, I know. It's hard. But look at Madeline and me. We did fall in love after a while as well. It can work.

E: But you liked her before. It's not that you hated her.

Simon and Madeline had an arranged marriage as well after Simon got heartbroken. But he's the crown prince, he has to do everything for the crown. I'm just third in line, since Simon already have two kids Anna and Liam. I don't need that. I could stay single forever. Or marry a guy, I like.

E: I could never fall in love with August.

S: Elisabeth, the media is already talking about how you're not being in love at all. They see it. Try to fall in love. Stop being afraid of it.

I can't hold back my tears anymore. All I can think about is Charles. I wish my tear away from my cheek.  I take a deep breath.

E: You know what Simon. I've went to the beach yesterday and had the best time of my life. I was happy and free. No eyes watching me, doing what I love. No worries. I miss being like this.

S: With August? Didn't know this was planned.

E: No just me. I couldn't be here anymore. These walls confine me. I fell like I'm locked in.

S: Just you, eh?

E: Ryan was with me. No worries.

I know he's still suspicious when he gets up and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

S: I need to go now. See you at dinner.

I look after him and write a message.

To Charles:
Do you miss me already? x

Charles:
When are you free again?

Meanwhile in Maranello

Charles has a meeting with Ferrari. He tries to focus but all he can think of is the Princess. His eyes wanders to his phone every five seconds. Finally there is a blink and a new messages arrived. Charles gets a big smile after seeing that message. Carlos is watching him the whole meeting already and gets suspicious. They have high ambitions this season and he wonders why Charles doesn't pay attention. It could only be on reason. A girl.

Carlos: Who is she?

Carlos leans over to look at Charles phone but he locks it quickly, giving his team mate an angry look.

Carlos: Oh c'mon tell me.

C: You don't know her.

Carlos: Is it something seriously?

Mattia Binotto is the current Ferrari Team principal. He looks up to the two guys gossiping and don't pay attention to the meeting. He gets annoyed.

Mattia: Would you like to pay attention?

They both get silent and try to listen again. But that doesn't last long as Charles phone rings another time. He can't help and needs to check it.

From Princess:
I'll take that as a yes ;)

Charles needs to laugh and mumble: "This girl."

From Princess:
Tomorrow evening?

Charles texts quickly back with a big smile. Carlos watches him and laughs.

Carlos: Boy, you're so in love.