16. True Love

Thanks for 10k reads <3

****

We had an amazing dinner and my family got to know Charles a little bit better. I couldn't stop smiling the whole night. I enjoyed eating for the first time in weeks again. We all get up and my parents say goodbye to Charles.

QS: I hope I will see you around here more often, Charles.

C: It would be an honor.

He neck bows also to my dad. I smile.

KG: Take the time you need to get to know each other more. We won't release an official statement about your relationship until you're ready for it.

E: Thank you.

KG: Have a good night.

I wait with Charles, Simon and Maddie until they left. I turn to Simon.

E: How did you convince him?

S: It was hard but he will give you a chance.

He smiles as I give him a tight hug. He pulls me closer because he wants me happy. I know he always tried his best. It took him a while but he was always there for me.

S: But don't hurt her.

Simon looks sternly to Charles. Maddi takes her husbands hand.

M: Leave them, love. I'm sure they want to be alone now.

She winks to me, which make me even more happy about this support.

S: Just need to be even more careful now.

C: No worries, I could never hurt her.

He puts his arm around my waist and we wish Simon and Maddie a good night.

E: Come with me!

I take Charles hand and pull him outside to the garden. We run through the hallways of the palace before we are back at my favorite place in the garden.

E: I'm sorry for blindfolding you. I had to tell dad everything.

C: Hey, look at me. I'm still alive. I mean I am alive, right?

He holds his hand up before touching himself as he jokes around. It makes me laugh a lot.

C: But he wasn't mad about us?

E: Well..

I start to tell him everything.

**FLASHBACK**

- Two days ago, I'm back home -

I sit on my bed as the door slams open and my dad walks in angry.

KG: Princess Elisabeth of Monaco, I can't believe what I just heard about you.

QS: George, please.

I see how my mom and Simon runs after him into my room. I sit up, knowing what's going to happen.

KG: You're cheating on your fiance? What have you done?

S: Dad, Betty needs to recover.

I see him behind dad as he mouths >Sorry< to me. I sigh.

E: Could I explain myself, please?

He shows me to go ahead and I tell him about how I met Charles, how he is, what he has done for me. I tell him the whole truth.