9. If the whole world was watching

Song: This Town by Niall Horan

I've got very excited that Charles said yes to our date yesterday. If you can call it like that. I texted him a location to meet outside the palace so we won't get caught. I wait for him in a park nervously. Charles walks over and pulls me into a tight hug.

C: Didn't know I could miss someone so quickly.

E: Hey.

I enjoy the hug and nearly whisper. It's so good to be back in his arms.

C: How are you?

E: Good.

C: Why don't I believe you at all?

E: It's hard. I don't wanna talk about it.

We decide to go for a little walk since it's already night and no one is in the park anymore. Normally I would get scared of the dark but not today. I tell him about another meeting today where August annoyed me once again. I tell him about how I only attend the meeting and go straight back to my room. I isolate myself.

C: So you and him, you're not like-

I stop walking smiling as he doesn't know what to say. He is cute when he gets nervous.

E: What? Love him? Kiss him?

Charles just nods being shy. I grin and want to tease him with that. I start walking again but say one more thing before.

E: Why? Jealous?

He needs to smile and runs after me.

C: Hey!

E: Did you ever see us kissing?

C: No, only a little kiss on the cheek.

E: See, like I said. Meeting and bye. I only see him at breakfast and dinner.

C: Aren't you supposed to be together?

E: If I would be in love with him, sure. But I'm not. This is a fake show.

We both stop walking. Charles gets serious.

C: Are you still afraid of falling in love?

E: Should I?

I lower my voice and get closer to him. I shrug together as it starts to rain. Pouring. We look up in the sky and laugh. I reach out for his hand.

E: Dance with me.

He smiles and takes my hand. We dance around in the middle of the night in the pouring rain. Like a movie. Like a fairy tail. We laugh a lot until Charles starts to dance slower with me.

C: My first dance with the Princess.

E: Never stop it.

I lean my head against his chest and still dance slowly. But he puts his fingers under my chin and raises it to make me look at him.

C: If the whole world was watching, I'd still dance with you, princess.

Wow. How cute can someone be? I put my hand on his cheek to pull him into a gently kiss. It's still pouring and gets cold but we don't care.  I let go and bite my lip while watching in his eyes. I think I'm already in love.

Charles looks at me and pulls me into another kiss. We can't stop. It feels so good. He stops. He starts to wish the rain out of my face.

C: We should better go. I don't want you to get sick.