Planing-11

"Begone! Begone! Begooon!"

"Bwaaah!" Deuce was caught by the monster and held captive while Ace and Grim tried to fight it off.

"Aw, crap! He's got Loosey-Deucey on the ropes! Not on my watch! Heeya!" He shot a spell at the monster and it instantly let go of Deuce. The male then ran back to his... friends? Yeah, no. Only Y/n was his friend.

"Rrroooarrrgh!"

The monster then began attacking Grim and Ace. The raccoon released a wall of fire at the thing, but nothing happened.

"Myaaah! Stay away from me!"

"Grrraaawrr!"

Grim had to jump to the side again to not get hit by the monster's attacks.

"It's like nothin's even hurtin' it!"

Suddenly somthing shimmered behind the monster. Y/n took notice of it tried to get a closer look to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. "Guys! I think I found it! It's behind the monster!" And like that, she stepped back to the others.

"Good job, Y/n!" Deuce complimented her with a smile.

"I was about to say that, but yeah, good job or whatever." Ace just tried to be tough. He didn't see it, but he also didn't want to get near that thing. So he had to form his sentence into something like that, since compliments weren't really his thing (except if someone is complimenting him).

"GWAAAAAAH! Nooo giiive yooouuu stooooooone!"

As quick as they complimented Y/n, they had to dodge the next attack again. All of them knew they didn't stand a chance.

Grim was the first to say something. "Y/n, we need to book it and fast! That thing's gonna pound us into tuna paste!"

"Retreat! Come on!" Y/n and the others quickly ran back outside. As always Grim sat on the girl's shoulder while she ran.

The monster could be heard screaming behind them.

"GRRRAAAWRRR!"

They ran back to the dwarfs' house and panted in exhaustion.

"This should be far enough, I think?" Grim jumped down from her shoulder and landed perfectly on the ground. He actually liked being carried like that, it made him look taller and he didn't have to walk. Win-win.

"Oww... What was that thing? No one said there'd be anything like that.", Ace said.

"That was no normal ghost, that's for sure." Deuce turned back to the mine entrance.

"Let's just give up and go home. I'll happily take the expulsion if it means never having to fight that thing again." Y/n had to admit, it wasn't gonna be easy fighting that thing, but giving up was not an option for her. She gave up too much in life and it all led to her critism. Sometimes she thought that those people were right, she didn't deserve participating at competitions. Her mindset wasn't strong enough. But since she got here, she noticed a change. A change in mindset and body. She wasn't down all the time, probably because no one knew her and couldn't make fun of her that way. And her body was more relaxed since she didn't have to go through a daily training. It all seemed... calm.

"What?! Nuh-uh, not happenin'! I'd rather die than get expelled from Night Raven! How can you give up if the stone is right there?!" Deuce' whole demeanor changed. He looked a bit more aggressive and angry. Y/n wasn't used to this attitude of his.

"Pfft. Big talk for someone who's not even half the mage I am. You want that stone so bad, go get it yourself. I'm out." Deuce had enough. His fists tightened and his glare became sharp.