Class-17

"Was that guy for real?!", Ace said, standing in front of the castle once more. The others looking as troubled as he did.

"We hit him over and over, but he just kept coming. Maybe he was using some kind of illusion magic?", Deuce thought out loud.

"So lemme get this straight: we walked in there, totally tartless, but this dude still made us do his whole work and also had the audacity to dance with Y/n meanwhile before throwing us out with his stupid phone number?!" Half of that explanation was just Ace cursing Cater for getting Y/n's attention. Something he did too but on the bad side. "He just wanted to make us paint his stupid roses!"

"We sure look like a buch of chumps."

"I guess we'll just have to get an apology tart and come back. Maybe after class, we can- Oh shi- I mean, oh no!" Deuce ran to the mirror of the dorm and took Y/n's hand in the process. "We already missed the first bell! We're gonna be late for class!"

"Myah! I don't wanna get a blemish on the first day of my glorious Night Raven education!" Grim immediately ran after the two, Ace joining shortly after, his run being more lazy than the other's. "Shake a leg, chumps! To the classroom, pronto!"

"Hey, so what class are you guys in, anyway? You're freshmen too, right?", Ace asked while running.

"The headmage said we're in Class 1-A!"

"Hey, that's the same one I'm in. We got Potionology for first period." Deuce led them through the halls of the school until they stood in front of the door.

"Oh ho, yeah! That sounds awesome!"

"M-maybe I don't need magic for that?"

The classroom was filled with all kinds of potions sorted neatly on shelves. The tables surrounded a boiler in the middle of the room. A pink-like liquid dripping of the side.

A male with white and black hair entered the room. His grey eyes scanning every student present. In his hand, a teaching pointer with a red collar and jewel charm attached to the end of it.

"Ah. You must be my new homeroom students." His eyes stopped at Y/n and widened for a second as if he got reminded of something. The look changed as fast as it came and scanned the students again. "My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me, Master Crewel."

A dog lover, I see. Dogs are cool, love'em. But that's kinda kinky ngl.

"Now, take your seats. Class is about to begin. We're going to start with the basics. And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains. The mycelia are another matter. But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws." It's like he was disciplining newborn dogs. The students absolutely not catching on the dog treatment. "For now, I realize you have all the self-control of voracious hounds. But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Except to be drilled accordingly."

"Huh. So... does anyone know what a mycelia is?" Deuce and the others sat in their seats, watching as Crewel spoke about more plants and poisons.

"I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, you know?", Ace said.

"Noticed."

"Fuck you."

"With pleasure."

"Not here, if possible." Deuce stared in shock at their dynamic.

As the lesson ended and the students packed their books, Crewel came up to Y/n.

"If you would like to visit my classroom after your lessons it would be much appreciated. No, it doesn't mean you behaved bad, but it is quite important for myself and maybe for you too." Y/n only nodded and returned to her conversation with the others.