Egg Cracks-21

"There! Finally got'em all pureed!"

"My arm is killing me..."

"Nice work. It'll be all the sweeter for your pain!" That sounded sadistic af but Trey was smiling so it sounded less... threatening.

"The smell alone already has me droolin'..."

"I just need to add butter and sugar to the chestnut paste and a sensible splash of oyster sauce - that's my secret ingredient!" Y/n face grimaced at the thought of the salty oyster sauce. He couldn't be serious, right? Of course not and Y/n stood to her statement.

"Oyster sauce?!"

"Yep. The umami of the oysters gives the cream a deep, savory flavour." Trey opened a cabinet and took out a bottle of oyster sauce. "I use this one here: Walrus-brand Young Oyster Sauce. All the best bakers use it in their tarts." He was good at lying, definitely. Maybe better than Y/n wished.

"Really? But isn't oyster sauce like, super salty?" Ace was as confused as Deuce.

"Some folks put chocolate into curry, don't they? Maybe it's the same idea." Ace was really believing Trey's lie, though she would too if she didn't know how to cook.

Trey suddenly started laughing which made Ace and Deuce even more confused. "Pfft... Ah ha ha ha! I'm totally lying! No one in their right mind would put oyster sauce into a pastry." Y/n mentally cheers in victory. Only good thing she got forced to cook.

"What?! So you were just yankin' our chain?"

"Ah ha ha! I mean, if you'd used your brain, you'd have realized how ridiculous it was! Let that be a lesson to you. Don't believe everything you hear." He sometimes acts like a mother, a good one.

"Yes, mom."

"What?"

"Nothing." Y/n chuckled and turned to Grim who held a frown. It seems as even Grim believed him.

"Feh. And here I thought that human was actually somewhat decent."

Trey ignored his comment and got back to baking. "Next, I'll put in the cream... Oh!" A problem came up again.

"What's wrong?"

"You guys gathered so many chestnuts that we may have overdone it with the chestnut paste." Y/n sighed in annoyance. It was one problem after another. No breaks. It's started to become a daily routine. "I don't think we have enough cream to mix in."

Deuce put his hand on his chest and spoke up. "Then I'll go buy some. Do they sell it at the school store?"

"They sell pretty much everything, so... probably. Can I have you pick up a few other things?" Deuce nodded. "I need two cartons of milk, two packs of eggs, some muffin cups, five cans of fruit..." Trey went on with his list as the navy haired boy stepped in.

"I don't think I'll be able to carry all that back. Y/n, could you come with me?" Y/n looked up from her position and nodded, tiredly tho.

"Then I'm comin' too! I'm getting dizzy from all this stirrin'. I need a break!" Before Grim could jump onto the girl's shoulder, he got held back by the orange head, Ace.

"Nuh-uh. You're staying here. I'm not doin' this alone." The monster wiggled in his hold while whining. Y/n and Deuce got ready to walk to the school shop. Both already knowing the way from last time. Trey stopped them one last time and pressed a list with the things he needed into Y/n's hands.

Shortly after, they arrived at the same shop Y/n got her supplies paid by the duo: Mister S's Mistery Shop

The owner of the shop saw them coming from far away and stood near the door, awaiting his guests. The door opened mere second after and Y/n and Deuce entered. "Greetings, my stray imps, How fare you today? Ah, I remember you..." He pointed at Y/n and then looked at Deuce. "...though it seems as if the other two aren't with you today. Well, what among my humble selection interests you?" He was as enthusiastic as last time, a good charactistic he shouldn't lose.