Happy End With A Twist-31

"All hail our leader, the Red Sovereign himself... Houswarden Riddle!"

"We salute you, Houswarden Riddle!"

After the battle with Riddle, the students helped together to make the garden look appealing again. New rose bushes and green grass was seen. Tables wrapped in a white cloth, pastries and teacups that decorated the sheets and the students welcoming their Houswarden seemed all too familiar. The atmosphere was livelier than before though and even Ace didn't look anxious anymore. The unbirthday party the orange-head wished for was starting.

Riddle walked around, taking every person, every teacup, their positions and the garden around him in. "Hm. The garden roses are red, the tablecloths are white... This seems a proper unbirthday indeed." He sat down in his chair where Trey welcomed him with a small smile. "Is there a dormouse asleep in the teapo-" His eyes wandered to Y/n who bit her lip anxiously. He was too strict again, he noticed. It was kind of hard suddenly adjusting like this, but he'd eventually get the hang of it, like he always did. With a stutter he changed his sentence. "Er, well, I suppose it's fine either way." Y/n sighed in relief and gave him a nod and a smile. Riddle nodded back, a hunch of red tainting his cheeks.

"Not everything has to change completely, you know." Trey started speaking beside the houswarden. "Like, maybe spread the jam on your scones, instead of on a dormouse this time? Let's try to set the bar at "it's great if it's this way", not "it absolutely has to be this way"."

"Yes, that makes sense."

While Trey held his conversation with Riddle, the freshmen and Cater sat at their tables. A sigh escaped Ace's lips as he leaned on his proped up fist. "I can't believe we got roped into cleaning up and prepping the garden again."

"What did you expect? We - well, the rest of you -  demolished the garden. At least I didn't have to help." Y/n smirked a little at the pissed off Ace. Since she wasn't feeling well, she went to the nurse's office right after Riddle, resulting in not having to help them. It would've been rather difficult without magic too, so it wouldn't really change anything.

"Sometimes I really think we should forget you don't have any magic. Though, I guess, I'm glad you're alright, you took some serious injuries, before and after the battle." She blinked a few times, processing his caring words.

That caring nature doesn't fit him... but it's nice having someone that worries about you, makes you feel normal, I guess.

"Thanks, Ace. Thanks for caring about me." Since she sat next to the orange-head, she tried to move her seat a little more in his direction. At the moment, Ace was the only person who admitted he cared, which gave her a sign of comfort. 

Deuce, who sat at the other side of the table has been watching those two for some time. Since his moment with Y/n and those... bastards, he hasn't gotten much of her attention. Ace was mostly in the way, or his shy nature with her.

It made him feel left out.

It was clear as day for Deuce and probably others too, who held a particular liking for Y/n... like him. So seeing her be so nice with Ace hurt him. Those are his insecurities speaking.

It's always him, isn't it?

As much as he wanted Ace gone at the moment he couldn't just curse him with his magic, so instead he will try to get her attention back on him again.

With all that thinking he didn't notice the bright green eyes that watched his movements throughout his exchange of thoughts. Those eyes soon moved to Y/n's form. A sly smirk made its way on his lips.

"Y'know, at least the garden is Magicam-worthy again! Saaay, Y/n, when are we doing that date you promised?" Y/n choked on air. So he was serious about that, huh...?