A Fulfilled Dream-13

After figuring out how to get back to Night Raven they immediately searched for Crowley's office. Knocking a few times on his door they stepped into the room when they heard his voice. He calmly sat at his desk with papers stocked next to him.

"Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?"

Nah... Does that mean you sent me with them even though you thought they were joking?

"Uh...? Yes?"

"I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents." So Y/n was right. But why tf would they be joking with somthing like that? Deuce' begging wasn't enough for you or what?

"Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!" Grim shouted at the headmage who's face turned into one of confusion when he heard the word "monster".

" "Monster"...?", he asked, just to make sure he wasn't hearing things.

"Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!", Ace shouted in between.

"Would you kindly relate this story in full?" After the bird asked that the 4 of them began telling him about their adventure and how they found the magestone while killing a monster in the process. They also mentioned Y/n's plan.

"Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the four of you worked together to destroy it and then brought its magestone back to me? You also mentioned Y/n's plan some times.", the bird repeated the whole story in a short version.

"I don't know that I'd call it "working together"."

"It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time..." Deuce and Ace were in denial of their weird friendship. They are the literal definition of "frenemies".

Suddenly Crowley teared up and started sobbing dramatically. "Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhh!"

"What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public? At this age?!" Grim took some steps back from the sobbing man and clutched his paws onto Y/n's leg.

"In all the decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!" Ace and Deuce instantly distanced themselves from each other, as if the other was a bug on a wall.

"Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?", Ace asked.

"At this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident has proven my hopes justified." The bird suddenly placed his hands on the girl's shoulders and looked directly into her eyes. "Y/n, my doubts are allayed! For you... You possess the talents of a beastmaster!"

"Haha... Yes, I absolutely know what that is." That came out more sarcastic than she wanted.

"My students have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others." It was exactly like that with Ace and Deuce, but he didn't need to know that now. Not like he would listen anyways.

"You make it sound like that's a bad thing."

Crowley completely ignored the raccoon and went on with his favouritism talk. "But you, Y/n, possess no magic. Yet in spite of that - or perhaps because of it - you were able to convince those who CAN use magic to work together for a common goal. The everyday, humdrum mundanity you possess may be exactly what Night Raven College needs!" Y/n couldn't understand half of that and just nodded in non-understanding.