Chestnut Hunters-19

"Hey, Riddle! What's shakin', pal? You're lookin' adorbs, as always!" Cater fr has no fear and just straight up complimented Riddle in this situation.

I mean, yes, but is this really the best time for compliments? Like, I don't think someone like him would get on his knees and forgive you for your mistakes...

"Hmpf. Cater, keep running that mouth and you'll lose it - along with the rest of your head.", Riddle declared with a glare which made Cater sweatdrop.

"Sorry, sorry! My bad!"

"Myah?! You're that guy who put that stupid collar on me at the orientation ceremony!" Grim jumped up from his seat and pointed his paw at Riddle who merely looked down on him.

"And you're that monster who was nearly expelled the day before yesterday. I'll ask that you not refer to my signature spell as a "stupid collar". The headmages habit of tolerating rulebreakers like you is going to send this entire campus spiraling into chaos one day. Those who break the rules should have their heads removed immediately, without exception." Riddle's glare only intensified when he noticed a certain woman not paying attention to his speech. She was way too busy thinking about food.

"Dude, seriously? This guy looks like a whimp, but talks like a monster.", Ace whispered to Cater who merely shrugged.

"The headmage may have forgiven you, but if you break any further rules, I assure you I will not."

Ace put on a nervous smile and pointed at his collar. "So, uh, listen, houswarden, sir... Any chance I could get you to remove this collar?"

"I had intended to remove it once you'd taken an opportunity to reflect upon your crimes." Ace' face lit up for a second. "But I've not detected so much as a hint of remorse in the foolishness I've heard you spout today." The smile of hope disintegrating into thin air. "So I think I'll let you keep that for a while. Don't worry. The freshman curriculum is more focused on magical theory than practice. And your inability to use magic will help prevent incidents along the lines of what happened yesterday. Now, if you've finished your meal, you should quit gossiping and prepare for your next class. Rule 271 is quite clear: "One must leave the table within fifteen minutes of completing their lunch". You DO understand what happens to rulebreakers, I trust?"

"More insane rules..."

"I believe you mean to say, "Yes, Houswarden!""

Deuce and Ace straightened their pose. "Yes, Houswarden!"

"Very well, then."

Trey butted in on their conversation. "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them."

"Hmm. As vice houswarden I trust you'll avoid any further indiscreet conversation. Now, as per rule 339..." Riddle turned away from the group, but not without giving the woman a last glare. The disrespect of ignoring someone stronger and far more smarter than herself is making Riddle only more fueled. ""The post-meal beverage is to be lemon tea with two sugar cubes". Thus I must go to acquire my sugar cubes. Farewell. Don't even get me started on their violation of running out of sugar cubes...!" As Riddle walked a few steps he turned around one last time and looked at Trey. "And teach that woman some respect. She will need it in my presence." Y/n and the others then watched as Riddle left the cafeteria. The tension from earlier fades away with every step he took.

"Yeesh! That was terrifying." Ace and Y/n nodded.

"That guy... has some serious issues."

"Hey, don't disrespect him!"

Other students witnessed the interaction with the Heartslabyul houswarden. Those from the same dorm shuddered in horror of what would have happened if he came to their table.