Let's Just Forget

Chapter 1

Emmi's pov

"EMMI! GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE AND CLEAN THIS MESS!!" my "father" yelled.

My name is Emmi and I'm 5 years old. I live with my so called parents and so called step-siblings. My step-siblings call me the weakling. I hate it here. Everyone thinks I have a perfect life, I don't. I'm abused, over worked, and yelled at. My life stinks. But yesterday I heard my "parents" talking. It turns out I have a half-sister! I was so excited. I need to find her! But would she want to see me? Who cares it would be better than staying here! Then again anything would be.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and saw a huge mess! I sighed and grabbed a broom. My "dad" pushed me down and kicked me in the stomach.

"You took to long. Life would be so easier here without you!" he screamed at me. He left the room. I stood up slowly and started sweeping. My stomach hurt so much. I just want freedom. Someone help me!

Maya's pov

I was at Topanga's with my friends. I was sort of distracted I guess. I was thinking about my dad. I have never met him or his new family. I don't know what he's like. I never considered him a real dad. I guess I consider Mr. Matthews and Shawn more of my dad's then my real dad. They're at least there for me, he's not. I was pulled back to the real world my someone screaming in my ear. I jumped and fell of my chair. I looked up and saw Shawn. My friends and Shawn laughed at me.

"Holy crap! Don't do that!" I said. He laughed and helped me up.

Ever since Shawn and my mom went on a date, Shawn has been around more. I liked actually having someone there for me. He actually gets me. He went back and talked with my mom. Riley and I smiled at each other. After talking for awhile Farkle and Lucas went home. We walked back to where my mom and Shawn were talking. We put our ears to the door and listened.

"Shawn I just don't know what to do! I mean Maya has always wanted a sibling, but I don't want her to meet them. It will just be more people leaving her." I heard my Mom say. Riley and I looked at each other. We gave each other confused looks.

"Katy I understand. She knows that she has a half sibling, just not who. I mean we don't know if they're good or not. So maybe we should just forget the offer and him?" he suggested.

"Yeah you're right." she gave in. We walked to our table and sat down.

"Wow." Riley said. I nodded. "I'm shocked." I said. Riley nodded. Shawn and Mom walked out.

"You heard?" they asked and we nodded. Mom sighed and continued cleaning.

"Let's just forget about them." I said. Everyone nodded.