Kermit Returns

Chapter 8

Emmi's pov

So Ms. Hart signed me up for Kindergarten with Auggie. Sadly Ava was in his class. Ava and I don't like each other. I still slept in Maya's room because we have no idea what to do. We decided that we would just leave Kermit be and forget him. I guess I live with Maya now.

I started getting ready for school. I put on a long sleeve black shirt with a pink skirt and blue leggings. Maya came out of the bathroom and we went downstairs to eat. When we were going downstairs the doorbell rang. Ms. Katy got the door and KERMIT WAS THERE! Maya pulled me upstairs and handed me her phone.

"Stay up here and call Shawn!" Maya instructed. I nodded and ran into her room. I unlocked her phone and called Shawn.

Shawn: Hello?

Me: Shawn it's Emmi.

Shawn: Emmi why do you sound scared? What's wrong?

Me: Kermit's here and he's talking to Ms. Katy and he's going to take me away. You need to get here now! I'm in Maya's room hiding! Help!

Shawn: Ok! I'm on my way. Emmi just stay in Maya's room and hide.

Me: Ok.

He hung up and I ran into Maya's closet and waited. Then the door opened.

"Emmi?" a voice said. It wasn't Maya voice. It wasn't Ms. Katy's. It wasn't Shawn's. It wasn't anyones from The Matthews'. But it wasn't one voice. It was like 3 voices.

"She's not here." a voice said.

"Check everywhere!" another voice said.

"Guys maybe she's not here." another voice said. After a minute the closet opened. They saw me. It was my step siblings.

"Gotcha!" Bryan said. Bryan was the oldest step sibling. He was 12. Then there was Annie. She was 10 years old. And lastly Casey and she was 8.

They grabbed me and dragged me downstairs.

"Here she is dad." Casey said.

"Ah Emmi we missed you!" he said hugging me. He's faking it.

"Get away from her." a voice said. He let go of me and turned around.

"Shawn!" I said and I ran to him. I hugged him and he hugged back. We let go then he turned to Maya and Ms. Katy.

"Are you guys ok?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah we're fine. We just want him out of here and to leave us alone." Maya said.

"Seriously Kermit. Just leave us alone." Ms. Katy said.

"Well I just want my daughter back home." he said.

"Well your daughter doesn't want to be abused anymore, so just go." Maya said.

"What? I don't abuse her!" he said.

"Yes you do!" I said. He looked at me and I hid behind Shawn.

"Correction. You did. Not anymore. You are not getting anyone of these girls." Shawn said.

"Oh really? I don't care cause they are both mine and I will stop at nothing to get them. I'll see you in court!" Kermit said. Then they left.

"Wow." Maya said.

"So now what?" Ms. Katy asked.

"We go to court I guess." Shawn said.

"Sorry for getting you into this mess." I said.

"Hey it's not your fault. If it keeps you safe then I'm glad we're in this mess." Ms. Katy said. I smiled. Well this is interesting.

A/N: And that happened... What's going to happen next? Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)