Awake

Chapter 17

Maya's pov

I was finally allowed to go see Emmi. When I got there she looked so lifeless. I sat down in the chair.

"Oh Emmi. Why did this happen to you?" I asked. Soon her heart thing was going down. I was speechless. She can't die!

"Emmi don't give up! Please! I need you!" I said. I looked down and felt tears in my eyes.

"Maya?" someone said. I looked up. It was Emmi!

"Emmi! You're ok!" I said and hugged her.

"Yeah. What happened?" she asked. I explained what happened with the crash.

"He's a jerky pants." she said.

I laughed, "Yeah he is." I said.

Soon the doctors, Shawn, and mom came in.

"Emmi!" they said and hugged her.

"Wow I feel famous!" she said. We laughed and she smiled.

The doctors checked her out, "She's good. Just some cuts and bruises." he said.

"Ok thank you doctor." Shawn said. He nodded and left. Soon The Matthews, Ranger Rick, and Farkle came in.

"EMMI!" Auggie screamed.

"AUGGIE!" Emmi screamed. Then they hugged.

"It's the new Cory and Topanga." Shawn said. Everyone laughed.

"How are you doing? I heard you were in a coma, like a butterfly. Where are your wings?" he asked.

"I'm doing good. And I don't know. Why don't I have wings?" she asked.

"Butterflies aren't in comas. They're in cocoons." Riley said.

"Oh...well then I don't know." Emmi said.

"Mom why did you say she was in a coma?" Auggie said.

"She was Auggie. You'll understand when you're older." she said. Auggie shrugged and they talked for a long time.

Night

We weren't released yet. I was in Emmi's room and we were watching Frozen. It's her favorite movie. Soon we both fell asleep.

Shawn's pov

I walked into Emmi's room with Katy and saw both of them asleep. I took a picture with my camera.

"That's so cute!" Katy said.

I smiled and nodded, "They're adorable." I said.

"I'm going to get some coffee, want some?" she asked. I nodded and she went down. I sat in a chair and smiled. I can't wait to become a father one day. And I'm hoping I'll be a dad to these two girls.