Emmi Are You Ok?!

Chapter 24

Maya's pov

Mom and dad got back from their honeymoon a week ago. They were on there honeymoon for a week. And they said Hawaii was beautiful They also brought back presents. I got a necklace with a shell on it and a flower and Emmi got a flower and a bracelet with a shell. Tonight mom was going out with Mrs. Matthews and dad was hanging out with Mr. Matthews. Riley was helping me babysit Emmi. Auggie was going to his Grandparents.

"Emmi what do you want to eat?" Riley asked while we were sitting around the island. She shrugged.

"Brownies?" she asked. We laughed.

"How about fruit?" I asked. She nodded and we cut up watermelon, bananas, strawberries, and apples. Then we ate.

Emmi's pov

After I ate I wasn't feeling good. Like I was going to pass out. Or stop breathing. Or something. I tugged on Maya's sleeve while she and Riley were doing dishes.

"Yeah Em?" she asked and turned around. She saw my face.

"Emmi are you ok?" she asked worried. Riley turned around and gasped. I shook my head.

"I feel bad." I said and had a hard time doing so. Riley grabbed me and laid me on the couch while Maya called mom and dad. I felt like passing out.

Shawn's pov

I was hanging out with Cory when Maya called.

Me: Hello?

Maya: Shawn it's an emergency!

Me: What's wrong?

Maya: There's something wrong with Emmi. She looks like she's going to pass out and I don't know what to do!

Me: Maya stay calm. I'll be home as soon as possible!

The I hung up.

"What's wrong?" Cory asked. I grabbed my coat.

"There's something wrong with Emmi." I said and we both ran out of the apartment.

Maya's pov

I called mom but there was no answer.

"Dang it!" I said as I put my phone in the pocket. Riley was sitting by Emmi while she coughed. I picked her up and sat her on my lap and hugged her. She was shaking. Riley hugged Emmi and I. Soon Shawn came busting through the door.

"Thank goodness you're here!" I screamed.

"What happened?" he asked as he picked Emmi up and we raced out of the apartment with Mr. Matthews and Riley.

"We don't know! We ate dinner and next thing you know she looks like that!" I said.

"Is she allergic to anything?" Mr. Matthews asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know." Shawn said. We got in the car. And raced to the apartment.

"I can't breathe!" Emmi yelled as she gasped for breath.I turned Emmi to me.

"Emmi yes you can in through your nose and out your mouth. Emmi don't give up please! Don't!" I said while crying. She was crying too. She kept breathing but they were short breathes. Like panting. It wasn't normal. Riley was also crying.

"Emmi keep doing that! We're almost there!" dad said from the front.

"Hurry!" Riley and I yelled.

"We are!" Mr. Matthews and dad yelled. We finally made it there. Shawn jumped out of the car and picked Emmi up. We all ran inside probably looking like weirdos. But who cares!? My sister is in trouble! And we don't know what happened!

"Help! My daughter!" Shawn yelled. A bunch of doctors came over and took Emmi away. We all sat down and just cried. Dad tried to get ahold of mom. I hope he does! I can't believe this happened. I just can't! Please be ok Emmi!