I'll Keep You Safe

Chapter 13

Katy's pov

Before Court

We brought the matter up into the judge's hands.

"I will schedule a court day. How about in a month?" he asked. We all nodded.

"Ok. She'll stay with us till then." I said.

"No way. She's my daughter." Kermit said.

"I'm not letting her stay with an abusive man!" Shawn said.

"I'm not abusive!" he argued back. We started arguing until the judge stopped us.

"She'll stay in an orphanage home then!" he said.

"What!?" Shawn and I yelled. Kermit just rolled his eyes and nodded.

Emmi's pov

Before Shawn and Katy got home someone came to the door. We were at The Matthews' like usual. Mrs. and Mr. Matthews answered it and it was a man. They said that they had to take me away till court.

"You can't take my sister." Maya said. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I don't want to leave you!" I said while burying my face into her shirt.

She hugged me back, "I won't let them take you. I made a promise and I'm going to keep it." she said.

"You can't take her away. I don't care who you are!" she said.

"I'm sorry. It's judge's orders." he said. I just hugged Maya tighter.

"So what!? I don't give a crap about judge's rules!" she shot back.

"Maya, just let us handle it. You guys go to Riley's room." Mr. Matthews said. I grabbed Maya's hand and we walked to Riley's room.

"That jerk. He's not taking my sister away. I don't care who he is!" Maya said.

"I agree. He's a jerk. he can't do that!" Riley said.

"He's not taking my best friend away!" Auggie said. There was a silence for a few seconds.

"I don't want to leave you." I said to Maya while crying.

She hugged me, "You won't. I won't let you. I'll keep you safe." she said. I cried while she hugged me. Auggie started crying and Riley hugged him. This is the worst day ever!

Shawn's pov

We were going to Cory's to get the girls. When we got there we heard Cory and Topanga arguing a guy.

"Whoa what's going on?" I asked.

"He's trying to take Emmi to an orphanage." Topanga said.

"He has to. We tried everything to get out of it. There's no way to. The judge said if we don't agree, Kermit wins and she has to go with him." Katy said. Cory and Topanga stopped arguing.

"Hold on. We're just going to talk to Emmi and Maya." I said. They nodded and we walked to Riley's room.

"Auggie, Riley. Could you give us a minute?" Katy asked. They nodded and left.

"Guys, Emmi has to go to the orphanage." I said.

"You're giving her up!?" Maya screamed.

"No! It's until court." Katy said.

"Since the judge can't decide who she stay with, she has to go to the orphanage." I explained.

"I don't want to leave." Emmi said with her lip quivering.

"Hey. It's only going to be a month. And Maya can visit. We can't, but Maya can." I said.

She nodded, "Ok. I guess I'll go." she said.

"Can you give us a minute?" Maya asked. We nodded and left.

Maya's pov

"Hey. You'll be ok. You're strong. It's only a month and I'll visit everyday. I'll even bring Auggie, Riley, Farkle, and Ranger Rick." I said.

She smiled and nodded, "Ok. I'll go but only because I don't have to be with Kermit." she said.

"That's my sister." I said.

"Maya?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

She looked me dead in the eye with a serious face, "Are you still going to keep that promise?" she asked.

"I will and always. I don't care if we hate each other. I will keep that promise. If you go with Kermit, I go." I said. She smiled and hugged me.

"I love you Maya." she said.

"I love you too Emmi." I said. Then we both cried. My life is going to be so different. But Emmi, I'll keep you safe. That's a promise.