The Truth

Chapter 6

Emmi's pov

I was at Maya's house in her room. I was sitting on her bed playing on her phone.

"Hey Emmi. Why did you run away?" Maya asked.

"To find you." I said like it was obvious.

"Do you like Kermit?" she asked. I put her phone down and looked at her bed.

"No." I said.

"Why not?" she asked. "He abuses me, kicks me, punches me, hurts me, yells at me, over works me, and more." I said with my voice shaking. All those memories came flooding. Maya sat down by me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry Emmi. He's a jerk. You can stay here as long as you want." Maya said.

"Thanks Maya." I said. We let go of the hug.

"Maya?" I said. "Yeah?" she asked. "You're my best friend and my sister." I said.

She smiled, "Thanks. You are too." she said. I smiled. She stood up and got out her clothes for tomorrow. I laid my head on her pillow and soon fell asleep.

Maya's pov

That JERK! Ugh I hate him so much! Who abuses such a sweet little girl who is five years old? FIVE FREAKING YEARS OLD! I went downstairs and saw Shawn and mom talking. At the kitchen table. I walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water then slammed the door shut. They both looked up at me.

"What's wrong?" mom asked.

"That jerk! He is a real jerk!" I said.

"Look I know that you and Lucas don't get along well..." Shawn started.

"Not him! Kermit!" I said. They both cringe at that name.

"Did you know that he abuses Emmi? Well he does! She's over worked and abused! No wonder she ran away!" I told them.

"Wait what!" they asked.

"Yeah that's right. You can see the scars on her arms everywhere. No wonder she wears long sleeves!" I said angrily.

"I'm so mad!" I said.

"Calm down Maya. We'll figure something out." Shawn said.

"Yeah don't worry. Until we can figure something out she can stay with us." mom said.

"Really!?" I asked. She nodded. I smiled and thanked her. Then I went back upstairs and fell asleep.

A/N: And the beans are spilled. Thanks for reading and please vote!!! :)