My Half Sister

Chapter 3

Emmi's pov

I made it to some weird, bright, crowded place.

"Is this New York City?" I thought. I walked around looking for a place to eat. I wasn't in the mood to drink more water or eat my crummy snacks. I found a bakery after walking for a long time.

It was called, "To-pan-ga's?" I read outloud. I walked in and sat down at a stool. I looked at the menu and decided to get some hot chocolate. It was really cold here, and my jacket isn't that thick. A woman with blonde hair came up to me.

"Hello little girl. What can I get you?" she asked.

I smiled, "I'll have some hot chocolate please." I said. She smiled and went to make my hot cocoa.

I sat on the stool and got bored. I looked around the bakery. There wasn't really anyone here except a group of kids. I spun around in the chair. I started giggling. This was the most fun I've had in ages! I heard the door open. I quickly stopped and straightened my shirt. She came out with my hot chocolate.

"Thank you." I said. I handed her the money that I owed her and drank my hot chocolate.

"So what brings you here?" she asked.

"Looking for people." I answered. It wasn't a lie, I was looking for someone.

"Where are your parents or guardians?" she asked.

"Home." I answered. She nodded.

"Anyone in particular you're looking for?" a voice said. I spun around and saw a man there.

"Yeah." I said. "My half sister. She lives in New York City, has a mom named..what was it? Kathy? I can't remember. And the last name..like ugh what is it? It's like something that you can't live without. Like brain? No that's not it. I can't remember..." I told them.

"Heart?" the man asked.

"Yeah! That's it!" I said. They look at each other. They brought me to the back room and sat me down on a stool. I looked around the room.

"Why am I here?" I asked. Are they going to kill me?

"Ok well we know who you're looking for." the man said. I perked up.

"Really?" I asked. I got excited.

"But first, does your father's name happen to be Kermit?" the woman asked. The man laughed.

"Kermit." he said while laughing. The woman rolled her eyes. I nodded. They gasped.

"Wait I'm not suppose to be talking to stranger!" I quickly realized.

"Well we know who you're looking for..." the man said.

"Ok. Who?" I asked.

"My daughter...Maya Heart." she said.

"Oh! That makes sense. So your name is Katy? Or was it Kathy?" I asked. She laughed.

"It's Katy. And just so you know, the last name is spelled H-A-R-T." she said.

"Oh." I said. They laughed. The man walked out of the room. I wonder why?

Maya's pov

A few minutes ago a little blonde girl walked in and now mom and Shawn took her into the back room. Lucas, Farkle, Riley, and I stared at each other. A few minutes later Shawn came out with a smile.

"Maya. Come here." he said. I gave my friends a confused look and walked to the back room. The little girl was sitting on a stool and my mom looked happy. "What's going on?" I asked leaning against a wall.

"Maya. This is..." she started.

"Wait we still don't know your name." my mom said. Her and Shawn facepalmed. The little girl giggled.

"Emmi." She said.

"Emmi and she is your half sister." My mom said. My eyes went wide. So did Emmi's.

"What?" I asked. She was like 5, I thought my half sibling was my age or a little younger, not this young though!

Emmi looked on the ground. She looked sad. I guess I may have caused that because I didn't seem excited. I am, but I just don't want another person leaving me. I walked over to her and knelt to her height. She looked up at me.

I smiled, "How did you even get here?" I asked laughing.

She laughed, "The bus. But don't fall asleep on it or you can miss your stop." She said. I laughed and so did she.

"Does Kermit know that you left?" I asked.

She shrugged, "He won't care." She answered.

"Why not?" I asked.

"He doesn't like me. He likes my stepmom and step siblings better." She answered. I gave her a sad smile.

"Well I like you." I said. She perked up.

"Really!?" She asked excitedly. I nodded and giggled. She hugged me and I hugged back. I think that I'm going to enjoy her company.

After we finished talking with mom and Shawn, Riley knocked on the door.

"Maya did you die or something!?" She asked. I opened the door.

"Yes Riley. I'm dead." I said sarcastically. She looked in. "What's happening?" She asked. Lucas and Farkle looked in. I rolled my eyes.

"Guys this is Emmi." I said. Shawn gave me a look to continue. I took a deep breath in.

"My half sister." I finished. They looked at me.

"What!?" They asked.