Adopt Me? Part 3

Chapter 42

Maya's pov

I knew Riley and her family were at Topanga's, but that was to close to our house. I decided there was one place that would be safe.

One person I could trust.

Someone I never thought I would turn.

I built up the courage and took a deep breath in. I knocked on the door and they came.

"Maya?"

Lucas' pov

"You are so on!" I said to Farkle as we played another videogame. We were hanging out while my parents were out. In the middle of the game there was a knock on the door. I looked through the window and saw Maya, Emmi, and Amanda.

"What are they doing here?" I whispered. I opened the door and she looked up.

"Maya?" I asked.

"Hey Ranger Rick." Maya said.

"Hey Maya, Emmi, Amanda. Come on in." I opened the door more. They came in and I started walking towards the living room and turned around and Maya locked the door.

"I need to talk to you, without them." she said and pointed to Emmi and Amanda. I nodded.

"Farkle! Can you take Amanda and Emmi upstairs to the guest room?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed each of their hands and led them upstairs.

"Living room?" I asked. She nodded and we sat down.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" I asked. She took a deep breath in and bit her lips while looking down.

"Well, Amanda's dad is back and is trying to get her again. My parents are fighting to keep her, but then my mom came into my room and told me to get out of here and go somewhere else. I knew Amanda's dad knew The Matthews' and I couldn't go to Topanga's and this was the only place I knew. I don't know what to do! I don't know if my family is safe or in danger or what's going to happen!" she said. I felt terrible.

"Everything's going to be ok!" I reassured.

"But my dad is in danger and so is Amanda and Emmi and my mom and me!" she said and started crying. I have never seen Maya this scared in her whole life. I hugged her as she cried into my shirt.

"Maya they'll be ok. It'll all work out. Everything will be ok." I said. She nodded and Farkle came down.

"Um..." he said.

"Call Riley." I mouthed. He nodded and went to call Riley.  

"It'll be ok. I'll make sure of it." I said. She nodded.