Emmi Takes the Heat

Chapter 9

Auggie's pov

Emmi and I were playing with the clay when Ava and her new boyfriend came up to us.

"Well well well. Who do we have here?" her new boyfriend said.

"That's the boy who broke my heart and that's the girl who caused it!" Ava said. Emmi rolled her eyes.

"Hey! Leave my girl alone!" he told Emmi.

"Hey! Leave Emmi alone!" I said. He turned to me and we glared at each other.

"Auggie, let's just go." Emmi said. She grabbed my wrist and dragged me away. Then I grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the classroom.

"I'm sorry Emmi." I said.

She rubbed my arms, "It's not your fault Auggie. She's just mean." she said. I smiled and so did she.

"So now what? I don't want to see Ava." I said.

She shrugged, "Well Maya told me the time that she got Riley to skip school with her when they were kids. But we can't do it! It's wrong!" she said.

"Let's do that! That'll be fun!" I said.

"I'm not sure...It's wrong." she started.

"Come on Emmi! Please! For me?" I said.

She sighed, "Ok, fine." she gave in. I grabbed her hand and we left.

"Let's go tell Riley and Maya about this!" I said.

"Ok!" she said. We snuck into their school. We saw Maya, Riley, Lucas, and Farkle in the hallway. We hid behind a trashcan.

"Pst! Riley! Maya!" I whispered. They turned around. Then they saw us.

"What are you doing here!?" Riley asked.

"Sh!" we said. They rolled their eyes and ducked behind the trashcan with us.

"What are you doing here?" Maya whispered. "We snuck out! We're tired of school and Ava." I said.

Emmi nodded, "I told him about the time that you guys snuck out and we wanted to try it too!" Emmi said.

"You told them!?" Riley asked Maya.

"She didn't let me finish the story!" Maya said.

"There was an ending!?" Emmi asked looking at Maya. Maya nodded.

"Please say that the ending ends with happily ever after?" I said as they shook their heads.

"We got in so much trouble." Riley said. Maya nodded.

"Why did we do this!?" Emmi asked panicking. I shrugged.

"You guys need to get back before you get caught!" Maya said.

"Too late." a voice said.

"Uh oh." we all said. We turned around and my dad was there!

"Hi dad!" I said trying to sound innocent. He glared at us.

"Dad, I know you're going to get mad at us..." I started.

"Don't get mad at Auggie!" Emmi said standing up.

She took a deep breath, "It was my idea." she said. Everyone stared at her with wide eyes.

"I was mad at Ava so I told Auggie to skip school with me. He tried to stop me but I begged him and told him that it was cool too. I told him that he'll get Ava back if he does, so he did it. This was completely my idea." Emmi said.

"Emmi I'm very disappointed in you." Dad said. 

"Dad it wasn't her idea." I started. I stood up.

"I don't want to hear it Auggie! I'm calling Topanga and Katy." he said. Then he left.

"Emmi! Why did you do that!? You're the one who tried to stop me!" I said. By the time dad came out Maya and Riley left.

"I don't want you to get in trouble. Besides, he'll believe I did it. Just let me take the blame." she said. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. Then dad came back out.

"I called them. I'm very disappointed in you guys, especially you Emmi." he said.

"I'm sorry." she said looking down. A few minutes later mom and Ms. Katy came in.

"We'll discuss punishment over dinner at our house." mom said. We nodded and sighed. Then we went home.