Married?

Chapter 20

Emmi's pov

"Come and catch me!" I yelled as Maya and I ran through the streets of New York.

"Emmi get back here!" Maya yelled as she chased me along with Shawn and Ms. Katy. I ran and they were yelling at me.

"Emmi slow down!" Shawn yelled at me. I laughed and kept running.

"Emmi get back here!" Ms. Katy yelled at me.

"Gotta catch me!" I yelled.

"Emmi look out!" Maya yelled. I ran into a man and fell back.

"Ow..." I mumbled.

"Watch it kid." the man grumbled.

"Sorry sir." I said. Maya, Shawn, and Ms. Katy ran over to me.

"Are you ok?" Maya asked. I nodded.

"I'm so sorry sir." Shawn said.

"Yeah you should be." he mumbled as he stood up and picked up his bag.

"Watch your kids better." he said.

"You got a bad attitude." I said. Ms. Katy quickly covered my mouth and he turned around. He mumbled something and kept walking.

"Emmi what were you thinking running off?" Ms. Katy asked me.

"I'm sorry. I just have so much energy!" I said while jumping up and down.

"Next time be more careful. New Yorkers can be rude." Shawn said as we kept walking. I nodded and Maya held my hand as we walked the streets of New York.

Here's an update about my life. It's great! Kermit's gone, I am adopted by Ms. Katy, my new last name is Hart, Auggie and I are best friends, and best of all...Ms.Katy and Shawn are dating!! It's so exciting! I hope that they get married!

We went out out eat, then back home. I was in mine and Maya's room. I was in my little kid bed and she was in her bed texting her friends, which I assume Riley.

"Hey Maya?" I asked. She looked up from her phone.

"Yeah?" she asked. I walked over to her bed and sat down by her.

"Are Shawn and Ms. Katy going to get married?" I asked.

"Not for awhile." I heard a voice say. We turned around and saw Ms. Katy.

"Why not?" I asked. She sat by me and Maya.

"Because I don't know him that well." she said.

"But you guys seem perfect for each other." Maya said. I nodded.

"Well we'll see what happens." she said. We all nodded then went to bed.