Happy Thanksgiving

Chapter 55

Emmi's pov

"Happy Thanksgiving!" I yelled and ran around the Matthews' apartment with Auggie.

"You guys have been doing this for the past 3 hours." Maya groaned.

"Because it's fun!" Auggie told her.

"It would be more fun if you sat down and relaxed." Riley looked at us with boredom written all over her face. She was not amused with us.

"Auggie should we?" I asked him.

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" we both screamed.

"Stop!" everyone groaned. It was mom, dad, Maya, Riley, Auggie, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, the first Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, and Josh here. Maya was flirting with Josh, even though she likes Lucas. I asked her why and she said it's because she's not dating Lucas. I shrugged it off, not understanding her logic. Mr. Matthews says he doesn't understand her logic either.

"Fine, come on Emmi." Auggie mumbled and we went to his room. I can't wait to eat. I'm so bored! This Thanksgiving is going to be the best!

Maya's pov

"See Riley, nothing interesting happens on Thanksgiving. All people do is sit around and say what they're grateful for." I told her.

"Maya-" she started, but I cut her off.

"I mean seriously. Why can't we just do that everyday? And what's the point? Life's just going to let you down." I told her.

"What do you mean? You said your life has been great." she asked.

"I'm just preparing for the worst." I sighed.

"Maya, please. Life can't get any worse. Kermit's in jail, school has been going great for you, Lucas and you then Josh and you. How can life let you down?" she asked. I sighed and straightened my pant.

"I'm just preparing for the worst." I repeated.

Later

I looked through the mail on my table.

There was a letter from court.

Hm, be responsible and let my parents open it, or go behind there backs and open it.

I ripped the letter open. I wish I didn't.

Shawn Hunter and Katy Hunter,

Kermit has been released from prison on November 17, 2015. He is out on good behavior. He wants custody of Emmi Laurie Hart and Maya Penelope Hart. More details will be sent out later.

-Judge Harvey.

I shoved the letter into her pocket after staring at it for a long time.

"Custody huh? Can't get to us if no one sees the letter." I thought to myself. I ran up to mine and Emmi's room and shoved the letter into my sketchbook.

Stupid Kermit, there is no way you are getting my sister.

Ever.

A/N: No idea what I just write, but I like it!

Happy early Thanksgiving!

Ok so I was going to put this up the day before Thanksgiving, but that's my birthday. Then on Thanksgiving I'm going to my Grandparents house. Then the next day is my sisters birthday, so I couldn't. Then I told someone this would be up the next day then realized what I just commented, so now here we are with a early chapter.

Thanks for reading! Please vote! 

Q: What are you thankful for?