Amanda's Dad

Chapter 31

Emmi's pov

Schools out!! I'm so excited! And Amanda is coming over after school. Also Auggie!

"Ok kids have a great summer!" our teacher said. We all cheered and ran out.

"Schools out! No homework, no teachers, no work!" Amanda said.

"You do know we go back in a few months." Auggie reminded her.

"What!?" she asked.

"Yeah first grade, then it'll keep going till 12th grade." I said.

"This thing goes to 12th grade!?" she asked. We nodded and laughed. We walked into Topanga's and saw Amanda's dad talking to my parent. Amanda grabbed our arms and pulled us back. We looked out the window and could still hear!

"Amanda needs you though!" mom said.

"I know, but her brother left. I need to find him first. And Amada is coming with me." he said.

"You can't bring a 6 year old along for that!" dad said.

Well I have to! She has no where else to go!" Amanda's dad said.

"She can stay with us!" mom said. Yes!

"No way! I barely know you!" he said.

"But she knows us! And trust us!" dad said.

"I don't care! She's not staying with you!" Amanda's dad said. I looked at Auggie and he sent me a sad smile. I turned to Amanda, but she wasn't there! Where did she go!?

"Auggie! Amanda's gone!" I said. He looked over and gasped.

"Where did she go?" he asked. Wait!

"I know! Distract the adults! I'll go get her!" I said. I ran and heard Auggie.

"No! Emmi!" he said. But I didn't listen. I kept running. I need to find Amanda before she does something stupid! She's my best friend!  

A/N: Where is she? Why did Amanda's brother leave? What is going on!?

Ok so I have been thinking about the sequel, but I'm not sure. I may make this book really long and just about Emmi and Maya growing up, instead of a sequel. What do you think? Thanks for reading! Please vote!