Letters?

Chapter 56

Maya's pov

"Katy I just got a call from court, they were wondering if we got any letters?" dad questioned as he came into the kitchen.

Oh no.

"What? Letters about what?" mom asked confused.

"Kermit's out and wants custody." dad explained. "They sent letters for a court date."

"We never got any letters." mom told him.

"Maya?" dad asked.

"Hey what's up?" I asked, pretending like I had no idea what was happening.

"Letters, did you get any?" he asked.

"Nope." I shrugged.

"Or did you take any?" mom asked.

"Why would I want to take some stupid letters I don't care about?" I asked her.

"Because I know you." she said. I gave in.

"Fine I took them so we wouldn't have to go!" I admitted.

"Maya why?" dad asked.

"Because if no one saw the letters then maybe we wouldn't have to go to court." I explained.

"Alright, maybe if we just show them the adoption papers and custody papers he can't get to them." mom said.

"Alright let's get it over with now." dad sighed and they grabbed their coats. "And Maya?" he asked.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"You're grounded!" he said and they left.

Just...great.

Emmi's pov

Kermit is out of prison and wants us back.

This scares me.

What if Maya and I get hurt again?

"Maya?" I asked and sat down by her.

"Yeah Em?" she asked, looking up from the TV.

"What if Kermit does get custody of us?" I asked scared.

"He won't. Mom and dad will make sure of it, and I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you. And that's a promise." she explained.

"Ok, thank you Maya." I smiled and hugged her.

"Anytime Emmi." she kissed the top of my head.

A/N: Guys I am having the worst writers block for this book. I'm not really inspired to write the book anymore like I use to be.

Should I end it? Or put it on hold?

Like I love this book, but I'm not as inspired as myother books to write this.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)