Chapter 3: Over the bridge and through the hood, the the skating rink we go.

*Alex's POV*

  "Wow! Is it always this crowded?" I asked stunned as we walked between the people, weaving in and out to the counter to rent skates. Hannah was smiling at Cameo, an unspoken conversation going on between the two of them.

  "Usually just on the weekends, tonights skate till morning." She jumped excitedly and yelled over the other people crowding around. "Hey Tommy!" She waved and pointed to the other three of us. "We need a size 7, 8 1/2, 11, and I'd say, an 12 maybe." Tommy walked away and grabbed all the shoes.

  Surpringly we found a table to put our skates on in no time. Hannah was so happy she was the first one ready to go. "Alright! Who's gonna skate with me first? Cameo? Since you're not very good.." She started mumbling at the end, trying to hid her face of embarassment under the strobing lights as she looked at Cameo. "Sorry." She mumbled.

  I looked over at Cameo and she pretended to be concentrated on her laces. "I'll be fine. Go ahead." She popped her head up and faked a smile.

  Hannah stood there awkwardly for a few minutes and then turned, walking to the rink. In no time, she jumped in and was skating like a natural with everyone else. I looked back to Cameo and she was watching Hannah too. "Hey." I mumbled, brushing my finger tips on the back of her hand. She snapped out of her trance and gave me a stare. "Are you ok? If this isn't your thing you don't have to do it you know."

.............//..........//

*Cameo's POV*

  I was dazing out, watching Hannah flow through all the other skaters and wishing she hadn't suggested we do the one thing I'm god awful at. Then, bringing me out of my trance, I felt this tingle on the back of my hand coaxing me out. I brought myself back to the present and looked over to Alex.

  "Oh, no I'm fine. Everyone else wanted to do this, so I'm up for it I guess. I'm just not very good.." I shrugged and thanked God he couldn't see my face turning red under all the multicolored lights. "I usually just watch, or if I DO go out, Hannah holds my hand, but I know that's not too much fun for her."

  Alex smiled reasurringly back at me and stood, extending his hand out to me. "Well, tonight I'll help you."

  I rolled my eyes at him and pfft'd. "What is this going to be your way of apologizing?" I asked sarcastically as I took his hand and wobbled up.

  "I guess you could say that, but I really just want to help." He led me to the rink and my hands turned clammy. There was no way I was gonna be able to do this, and I did NOT want to fall infront of him. I sighed as he stood on the wood flooring first, and gingerly helped me join him. "Easy now." He encouraged me.

  I met eye contact with him and walked on. I heard Jack back at the table "WOO!!" for my tiny accomplishment. I couldn't help but laugh as Alex began lightly pulling me along with him as HE skated.

  Jack soon followed us and became Mr. Socialight of the night, talking and skating with everyone. Hannah was surprised I had stayed out on the rink as long as I did, and to be honest, I was pretty surprised myself. Alex stayed with me the whole time and didn't let me feel bad about a thing even when Jack kept calling him a slow poke and I knew it was my fault. Before we left though, I was finally able to skate some on my own, slow, but enough to make me want to come back and try again.

  Alex was actually maybe not so bad, maybe he was the guy I always thought he was. I made a mental note of it and decided I'd come back for an answer to that later.

  Anyways, we skated literally until morning, four am to be exact. We were all pretty worn out afterward and like they promised, Jack and Alex drove us back to my car where we parted ways. Hannah was barely able to keep her eyes open by the time she got to my car, i unlocked the doors and she climbed in the passenger seat, quickly dozing off.

  "Thanks for hanging out, it was actually a lot of fun." I smiled to Jack and Alex and hugged both of them before climbing in the car myself and starting it up. "Maybe next time you have a wild idea like this we can get let in on the secret and hangout again." I was still smiling, my sour mood permanately gone now.

  "Definatly!" Jack patted Alex on the back and walked to his car too. I looked to Alex and put my car in drive, about to pull out. "Well, like I said it was fun. Thank you also, by the way, for uh, earlier." He smiled back and slid his hands in the back pockets of his jeans.

  "Yeah, no problem. I had fun too. I really am sorry about how we first met though, well, the lying anyway, not the actual meeting you part." He was rambling and it was adorable.

  He laughed akwardly and as I was about to roll up my window he approached closer and pulled out a little piece of paper and handed it to me. "Maybe you can text me sometime and we can hangout again, or just talk. It was nice meeting a new friend who, well, was different than most." He shrugged nervously and I smiled back, taking the paper with his number on it.

  "Sure." We said out goodbyes and departed, but the whole drive to my house I could feel that little piece of paper burning a hole into my pocket.

((things are changing!!!! leave comments please!))