Chapter 16: Bittersweet Tears

*Cameo's POV*

The show was amazing. It ended with all the bands on stage and them all weirdly collaborating to make one unique song of their own. The show ran kind of long though and no one knew why. It was then, that A Rocket To The Moon, who I love as a band and have come to love as people and family, who I made memories with so far on this tour, took the stage alone.

"Hey everybody!" Nick stepped up and took the mic, waving up and down to the two stories of people.

I felt an arm snake around my chest to my other shoulder and Alex's face appeared next to mine. His head on my shoulder, stealing my attention, had bittersweet eyes.

"What's wrong?"

He shrugged and nudged me to pay attention to the show. I put my hands on his arm and held him there while I watched.

"Tonight has been an amazing show, and I mean really amazing. We wouldn't want to be sharing the summer with anyone aside from all the fans like you. You all have supported us through so much, and don't think anything you do to or for us has gone unnoticed, because you're wrong." He took a minute, he looked like he was composing himself, and you could see the crowd growing uneasy.

I turned to Alex. "What's going on?"

He didn't answer but instead kept watching. I swore I saw I single tear trickling down his face. Inside, I was panicking, but outside I was just confused.

My heart broke. "We're sorry to announce this, but we feel its best for everyone. This will be our last tour together as A Rocket To The Moon."

Is this some kind of sick joke? He's going to turn around, go right back on that stage that he's sulking from now and say, Syke! Right? Please Nick, let this all be a joke.

"What's your new name then?" I heard a fan shout from the top floor. I sighed a shaky breath and clenched harder to Alex's arm. Poor girl.

Nick, Justin, Andrew, Eric, all came back out with instruments and setup to play. Justin leaned into a mic and spoke softly directly up to the girl who'd asked the question, "there's no new name, just a new start for all of us." They got in position and Nick came back to the mic. "We'll all love and miss every one of you. This last song from us tonight, goes to each and every one of you." They strummed their instruments and started playing an old song, baby blue eyes.

During the song, they stopped singing and just played their instruments. The crowd was so loud and passionate, their voices emanated through the venue. It sounded like a stadium of people, just standing and swaying and some holding I love you signs, with their hands, holding up lighters, and just singing as loud as they could to the rest of baby blue eyes.

It was emotional and magical. All the guys smiled at each other and mouthed the words along with their fans. I was even singing, and I could hear Alex in my ear doing the same. My heart pang'd and I felt the tears coming. The song finished and everyone in the entire building clapped.  

------------------

The show ended and we were all packed up just hanging outside the venue with each other and the fans who stuck around.

Tonight we were in no rush to leave. Tonight was the night we'd cry and laugh and party like the big crazy family I've slowly come to know. Andrew and Justin were still walking around at 12am, taking pictures with the fans, while Nick came to talk to me while Eric was talking to the other bands we were touring with.

Nick sat down next to me and I sighed. "Hi." I mumbled, feeling stupid that I had cried a little earlier.

"Why the long face love?" He asked pulling up at my chin.