Chapter 4: And so it begins

*Hannah's POV*

  "Uh, what's this?" I waved a little piece of paper with I know who's number written on it. "You have had this how long now, and have still not texted or called him?" I giggled as Cameo rolled onto her side and snatched it out of my hand.

  "That's personal!" She groaned as she stuffed it into her beach bag and buried her face into her arms.

  I chuckled under my breath and pulled out my earbuds, and her's. "What's wrong snippy?" She looked up, glaring at me, and we just layed there in the sun staring at each other until she broke.

  "Ugh, fine." She threw her arms up in defeat and rolled onto her back, sitting up. "I'm nervous." She mumbled staring out into the water.

  "Why? I mean, he told you he wanted you to text him didn't he? Plus, you two got along all night, so why are you nervous?" I leaned over and rested my head on her shoulder. "You know you want to.." I smiled and the feeling of my cheeks lifting on her made her smile too.

  "Shut up. It's not going to happen. It's been weeks now, i mean, what if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore? Or he forgot about me or even giving me his number and when I do or if I DO text him, he asks who it is and I tell him and it still doesn't register anything?" She sighed and her finers started twitching nervously.

  "So you really think I should call?" She mumbled, laying her head on the top of mine. I nodded and she sighed again. "Hannah!" She groaned, I think hoping that I'd dissagree.

  "Come on! Just do it!!!" I snapped up and shook her silly. I reached behind her and took out the paper again. "Here. Please?" I begged putting it in her hand.

  She looked from me to the paper and finally nodded stiffly. "Fine. But what if he doesn't get it because he's in a different time zone? He's not even in Florida anymore, let alone the next state over." My mouth popped open and I couldn't help but laugh.

"And you know that how?"

  Her face beamed red and she took out her phone to save the number. "Maybe I googled their tour dates."

..............//..........//...

*Cameo's POV*

  "You Googled their tour dates?" Hannah asked me, astonished. I finished saving the number and get to my messaging app on my IPhone and just stared at the screen.

  "Yeah, I was, curious." I licked my lips nervously and slid my sunglasses on top of my head. The sun shone in my eyes and i cringed before my sight adjusted. I was more alert to the sound of the beach wind, the feeling of the salt blowing on my tongue, and seeing all the people walking, hand in hand, group in group. I cracked my neck and relaxed before typing.

Cameo: Hey, It's Cameo.

  "There. Happy now?" I asked cooly as I threw my phone back into my bag and layed on my back again.

  "Yeah, I guess. A call would've been better." Soon, I felt her lay back down next to me too and we went back to enjoying the sun and listening to our music.

----------------

  After the beach day, and going driving to the gas station for some Ici's and blaring tunes with all the windows down in my Jeep, we parked at my apartment and sprawled ourselfs out on my living room floor, both of us burnt to a crisp.