Chapter 49: Home Is Where The Heart Is.

*Cameo's POV*

I was in the shower, hot water cascading down my body and running over every curve and crevice of my body from head to toe. My iPod was playing on the doc, a slower song, She Is Love by, Parachute. I sang along with it, feeling the music through my body and even swaying to it as I kneed shampoo through my hair.

I stepped back into the water and closed my mouth and eyes momentarily, letting the soap run off my head and down my face, all the way to the drain. I felt the grim and excitement from the day wash off of me and the sleepiness of tonight replace it.

While I conditioned my hair I sang through the rest of the song until it changed to Terrible Things by, Mayday Parade. I felt a tug at the corners of my mouth into a small frown, but as sad as the song was, I still loved it unconditionally, like Alexander. My Alexander, who was coming home tomorrow.. Well, today for him? I sighed, regardless, he'd be home soon.

I shaved my legs and underarms and every inch of my body practically before I finally got out of the shower and wrapped myself into a towel like a burrito and padded my way to my room.

A throat cleared behind me and I stopped cold in my tracks with my fingers grazing the doorknob. The hell? I was frozen, not knowing if I should be screaming or excited. But it didn't sound like Alex. Who the fuck else then?!

I turned and Jack was standing in my doorway, patting Levi's head when he gave up on jumping at him. My face burnt scarlet and I threw open my bedroom door and ran in, practically slamming it behind me in a panic. "Jack! What are you doing here?" I called through the door in shock. Jack just saw me wrapped in a towel. I ran to the mirror to see what he saw. Damp hair, makeup less face, and my towel just covered everything it should've. Good.

"Alex called and said you weren't answering your phone for anyone, so he asked if I'd come and see what's up."

"You flew all the way to Colorado because Alex said I wasn't answering my phone?!" I couldn't believe it. I went to my closet, dropped my towel, hung it on a hanger and then proceeded to get dressed.

"Guess so. But I, uh, sorry I just walked in. I have a key so... I wasn't thinking."

I slid on a simple pair of white cotton undies and some sweats with Alex's Griffindor shirt that was way to big for my frame, especially the shoulders, and stuck a plain headband in my finger brushed hair before going back out there to face Jack.

......//.........//........

*Jack's POV*

My face was still as red I think as it's ever been and I felt so bad that I'd just walked in their place like that. I groaned silently when she got quiet after my apology and I dreaded what was coming next. I knew we were getting close, but were we already THAT close?

God she's going to come out here, kick me out, and hate me forever. No, I can't think like that, that's not Cameo. She's cool, I'll explain it all and she'll understand and it's not like since Alex as been gone we haven't gotten closer since touring. We've been talking practically every night that Hannah's been there because she couldn't get ahold of Alex during the time change and she couldn't sleep. Apparently when she couldn't sleep Alex would sing to her.. But I guess she knew I wasn't that type. Could I be though? If I found someone like Alex has, my one and only?

The bedroom door opened and I was still standing where she'd left me. She was dressed now and I was trying to permanently get rid of the image of her in the towel. "Hey." She said shyly as she got closer and went in for a usual hug.