Chapter 39: One More, Long Night.

-The last night of the camping trip.-

*Cassadee's POV*

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" Everyone chorused as I stood there next to Rian hand in hand at the campsite, the sun setting behind us. I smiled wide and looked over at Rian, whose face looked petrified. I squeezed his hand and he dragged his eyes over to me, plastering something that resembled a grimace. What's wrong with him?

"Awe Cass congrats!" Cameo managed with her hands over her mouth, still in shock. "You guys will be great parents." She slid her hands down and layed them on her heart, still staring at us.

"Thank you." I mumbled, peeling my gaze from Rian back to the group. "I'm hoping it's a boy." Alex reached over Cameo and rubbed her shoulder, giving us the same, awe'd smile that everyone else was giving us. "We wanted to tell you guys sooner, but there's been so much going on and we wanted to make sure everything was alright before we said anything." I let go of Rian's hand and touched my barely baby bump. 

"I'M GONNA BE AN UNCLE!" Jack screamed from Zach's lap. We all laughed at Jack's ethusiam and his continuous fist pump in the air. "Cameo! You here that?! AUNTS AND UNCLES!" He reached over and smacked her knee, making Jack wince and yank his hand back, trying to shake out the pain. "Sonofabitch!" He clamped his hurt hand in the other and shoved it in Zach's face while we all laughed. "Kiss it and make it better Zachie." He whined playfully.

............//...........//........

*Cameo's POV*

I can't believe Cassadee's already pregnant, it seems like her and Rian had only been together as an unmarried couple just a few weeks. Reality was finally hitting me and I looked over at Alex during the uproar at Jack's hurt hand. Cassadee and Rian are really happy together, and their families like each other and want the best for them both, I guess I would say I was jealous, but why couldn't that be Alex and I? All I want is to be married to him forever, but I refuse to without all his family's consent. Does that make me the hard headed one?

Alex was still absorbed in the fun outside of my little in depth bubble when I studied his face and let my mind drift off to what our wedding would look like, where it would be, where we'd spend our honeymoon and how long it'd be before we could finally tell everyone we were pregnant. I pictured the months going by, finally going to the hospital, and having the boy or girl we'd been waiting on for nine months and havig all his and my family come to visit. We'd won Rian over, but so? That had taken years and months, how much longer could it take before we.. More or less I, won his mom over. 

"Gosh you and Rian must be on the same wavelength or something." Cassadee pointed out, calling me from my bubble to join the outside world. Everyone was staring at me except for Rian, and Cassadee's face was dissaproving. "Are you two okay?" She jerked her thumb between the two of us and it was the first time I actually noticed Rian didn't look all the way there either. 

"I'm good, I was just thinking about things back home." So, I kinda lied, big whoop, not everyone's perfect. 

"You're thinking about home and more boring things when you could be here with us enjoying fun fun fun?!" Hannah shimmied her chest and I broke out into a smile. 

"Shake it perky!" Jack turned and called to her, making her stop and laugh, 

I rolled my eyes, trying to keep myself here in the present time with everyone. My friends are a different breed, that's fer sure.