Chapter 18: Life Loves The Living

*Alex's POV*

I woke up feeling groggy and with a face splitting headache. I blinked a few times, clearing my blurred vision, and saw all white walls around me. Not to mention an annoying beeping noise sounding off next to me. I flexed my hands to try and make the numbness go away, one hand moved, but the other was held tight.

I turned my head, and realized I was in the hospital. Holding down my hand, was Jack, but laying in my arm, was Cameo. I sighed and picked up my free arm, brushing my fingers across her forehead, moving her bangs from her face. She mumbled something incoherent and went right back to easy breathing.

"You're awake." I rolled my head over and saw Rian sitting on a bench by the window.

"Hey man." I croaked out, giving a weak smile. He got up and grabbed a cup of ice water from the table next to me. He held it out to me and I opened my mouth wide enough for him to dump some water in. "What happened?" I cleared my throat and Rian sat back down at the window.

"You tripped on a mic chord and fell. You don't remember that?"

I thought back and remember up until after I fell. "That it?" I asked puzzled.

"After you fell, you knocked into my drum set and it fell on you. Then you blacked out and now we're here." He shrugged and moved a small fragment of the curtain behind him. A powder blue light poured through and Rian mumbled. "Well, we got here last night now technically."

I straightened my body and Cameo squirmed in my arm. She rubbed her face into my chest and stretched her back. I tried to pull my arm up over her tighter, but remembered I couldn't because Jack was holding tight to my hand himself.

"You're moms coming by the way. We called her because we didn't know how serious you were." Rian spoke again from the corner of my room and my blood spiked up.

"What?" I asked, shocked, and straightened myself up, making Cameo stir from her sleep and Jack snap his head up because I also moved my hand.

"Sorry man?"

"Where are they?" I asked, trying to unfluster myself from the recent news.

"Where's who?" Cameo mumbled, sitting up slowly next to me and rubbing her makeup from her eyes.

"My parents." I sighed nervously and took her hand in mine. I hadn't told them we were dating yet and I didn't even tell Cameo that they don't know. I felt something bad coming on and the heart monitor next to me was starting to beep faster.

"Mum and dad!" Jack screamed, popping his head up and smiling with his fake accent. Cameo smiled and ruffled Jack's messy hair. "What time?"

We all looked at Rian and he looked at the wall clock. "We called awhile go, so I'm guessing sometime soon."

Speaking of the devil, we all heard a knock on my door. "Alex? Dear?" My mom spoke from the other side. She knocked again rapidly and my heart monitor beeped faster again.

"Alex, deep breaths." Cameo whispered, her hand on my heart, trying to make eye contact with me to get me to relax, but still trying to see what was wrong in the first place. It worked.

"Alright.." I whispered back, taking a huge breath and closing my eyes a long time before opening them again and feeling somewhat better. "Come in mom!"