Chapter 20: Just know Youre Not Alone

*Alex's POV*

We'd been on the bus touring to smaller venues the past three days, and I was completely better, it was just a fall and a sprained rib, nothing to fuss over. Now at least, everyone wasn't so concerned with me walking around or acting foolish like we used to. They were confident that I was good again and that made me confident that that meant we'd play a bigger show soon.

"Hey." Cameo spoke softly, her cheeks strained from laughing earlier. I heard her running in the back of the bus with Hannah, laughing and doing whatever foolish games they made up.

"Hi." I breathed easily and wrapped my arm around her waist as she crawled into my lap. I was thinking about how I was suppose to take her out on our official date soon, but haven't with everything going on.

I laid my head on hers and we stared out the blurring trees we were passing through the window. I couldn't tell how long we sat like that, all I could tell you was it felt like the world had stopped and it was just her and I in this moment. "What are you thinking about?" I asked her quietly.

"How strange everything is in fast motion."

I turned and looked at her, she was staring out the window, looking concentrated.

"You know where going to stop soon right?"

She shrugged and I brushed loose strands from her forehead. "Yeah but it's just for a few hours."

I smiled, knowing my little secret that'd I'd planned while sitting with her, was going to knock her socks off.

-------------------

We ended up in Joplin, Missouri and came to our stop at a little gas station by the river nearby. Everyone piled out, Cameo emerged from her bunk last and was inking out when I stopped her short.

"Go change and get ready. We're going somewhere." I smiled mischievously and she looked confused.

"Going somewhere? With everyone?" I shook my head and she continued to look puzzled. "So, let me get this straight, you and I are leaving to go somewhere, and I'm leaving my cousin Hannah, with a bunch of sexual, weird, great smiling that gives her heart attacks, men?" She used her fingers as she talked.

I chuckled and messed up her hair. "She'll be fine, she's got Jack." Her eyes widened in horror and I turned her around and gave her a little shove to the back again. "Get ready!"

..........//......//...

*Cameo's POV*

Oh God, what could this be about? I was running all commonly sensed scenarios in my head, but nothing seemed Alex enough for it to happen. I took all my clothes to the bathroom and decided that to be on the safe side, I'd shower. I got in, clean and shaved, jumped out, and immediately plugged in the dryer. While I was drying my hair, I turned on the straightener to heat up. I dried and straightened my short hair in no time and when satisfied, I went through my luggage. "Hey Al? What exactly should be my main category of clothes for this, outing?"

"I'd say stay away from jeans since its hot, and no flip flops. Oh and definitely no long sleeves either, or snow boots.." I rolled my eyes and kicked the bottom of the door.

"I got it." I heard him laugh and I sighed, going through my bag and choosing a royal blue, short, floral halter top netted dress and some white Vans. I applied all my makeup, my foundation, ran and gold eyeshadows, top and bottom thin black liner, mascara, and a plum lip gloss, then gave myself a once over. Looking closer though, as I was re packing my things, I decided I braid my long bangs back in a French braid. I did this quickly and I looked girlies than I'd expected.