Chapter 42: I Don't Care Anymore.

*Lisa's POV*

"When I you left me, I felt like everything around me was crumbling apart. I know the aftermath of the fights were bad, but they made me shake and convulse when I slept at night. Some nights I couldn't sleep at all.. I missed you so much it hurt." I sighed and my eyes darted to my feet again. "I know I screwed up, but that was so long ago now it seems, and I know I stupidly threw a lot away, but you always meant the world to me. You made me feel like someone special, like the fans and your music itself all came after me. I felt important, for once in my life I had something that made me wake up chipper in the morning and change how I look at the world." Images of Alex and I together that would be on all the social networks and Google all passed through my mind. "I need you."

I looked up at him, tears in my eyes, and he was staring at me with a questioning gaze. Like he didn't trust me, go figure. He cleared his throat and when he looked down, for a fraction of a second I saw some emotion he was hiding behind his eyes. He still cared, I knew it. 

"You cheated." His voice was low but hearing that accusation again from him sounded like a loud boom in my ears. "You cheated and we were engaged and you were the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, you know that?" He snapped his head up at me and his face was radiating hate. "You killed me inside for a long, long, long time Lisa. I thought you were the one person I could trust with my life and you turned on me and broke my heart to say the least. I could go on and on, but to be honest, I don't care anymore. Not about you, or what happend, or our past together. I've moved on and I'm finally happy."

"You're lying."

"Really? What makes you say that?"

"I can tell when you're hiding something Gaskarth, we were engaged okay? You think I wouldn't know you like the back of my hand by then?" I was gaining my voice back and preparing myself to use it. "Like I said, what I did at Bamboozle was unacceptable. It was wrong, I got lots of hate from it from family, friends, and even worse, ALL of All Time Low's fanbase. You don't think after reading what all these people thought of me after so long would affect me and hurt me? Well then you're thicker than I ever thought Alex." 

"You drive me crazy you know that?" He stood up and went to his door, opening it and leaving, not even looking behind. 

"Alex! Come back!" I called out, hopping up from the bed and running after him, wanting him to actually hear me now. I ran out past his mom, who looked worried and confused as my hair fell from the loose ponytail. I followed him outside and to the edge of the driveway.

"How'd you get here?" He snapped, looking around for my car. By now, tears were streaming down my face, and there was no stopping them now. When I didn't respond right away he clenched his fists and snapped at me. "HOW'D YOU GET HERE LISA?!" 

I flinched back but held my ground. "Your mom had me part in the garage so you wouldn't see my car. Alex I'm so sorry." I held my hands out pleadingly but wouldn't move towards him, I wasn't stupid after all.

"You think that hearing shit about cheating from a whole fanbase should make you feel bad? Think again Lisa! You should have just felt bad as soon as it happend, hell, while it was happening. Or, let's take it a step farther, and you should have felt bad thinking about it! Who the fuck cheats on someone they're engaged to and madly in love with? As soon as I saw the picture, and hear about it, not only was I pissed and devestated, but I was betrayed and it wasn't even someone who was worth cheating on me for! I was ALWAYS there for you Lisa, ALWAYS!"