Chapter 13: Surprise!

*Cameo's POV*

Today was the day I was leaving on the big surprise trip to see Alex and everyone. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I moved all my luggage to the front door and let Levi out for the last time before the car was suppose to arrive. Plans had changed within the few hours Jack had called, (a day ago) and instead of flying, because I didn't know how Levi would react, Jack made it possible for me to get a driver to take me.

I was tieing my laces to my all black vans when I heard a car honk outside. I shot up from the couch and clipped Levi on the leash and gt all my things. Opening the door and going down the elevator, I saw at the bottom of the building complex, an all black old timey police car. I stiffeled a laugh, man does Jack knows how to charm a lady.

The man waiting outside opened the trunk for me and helped me with my things. "Thank you." I murmured and he closed the trunk and walked around to open my door for me. I let Levi hop in first, and then I scooted along behind him. The driver closed my door and got in, he was in a formal uniform and I just felt very out of place.

"Thank you for driving me and.. my dog." I inclined my head and he looked at my through his review mirror.

"No problem ma'am." He nodded and I knew he was smiling from the crinkles forming in the corners of his eyes.

"My name's Cameo. We don't have to be all formal, since we have a long drive to.. where are we going by the way?"

"Maine, Cameo. My name is Harold." I smiled and waved lightly to him.

"Nice to meet you Harold." We exchanged friendly eye contact and I relaxed more in my leather seat. Maine, wow, I've never gone there before.

The drive was pleasant, Levi was ableto get out at every other rest stop that I asked to stop at, and stretch his legs, I was able to get out and pee and buy some food and snacks and drinks from gas stations and what not. I even bought some things for Harold along the way. Harold was a nice driver and good companey for a long drive like this one. He drove all throught the night, though I was always insisting he stopped and we rest for the night. He denied my requests. We actually talked and had god conversationt too during my trip.

Finally, after all the speeding we did and all the red lights we sped through, we made it and the weather was beautiful. I was shell shocked at how different it just felt outside than back home in Florida. "Harold it's beautiful here!" I cooed while I rolled down the window and Levi's so we could stick out faces out and feel the cool air.

"I have to agree." He chimed in, in his deep, smokers voice. He clicked on the radio and I bursted out singing to Jordan's song, Love Like Woe. I couldn't believe they were playing this song on the radio! Harold chuckled at me with the occasional head shake and thirty minutes later Harold pulled up to a big empty carnival ground field.

"What are we going here?" I asked looking around and seeing no one, at all.

"I was told to bring you here." He shrugged and unrolled his window too, looking around just as confused as me.

"Maybe I should call Jack." I suggested and pulled out my phone. I had little service but enough to make the call with minimum lag. "Hey Jack, I'm here in the empty field and I have no clue where you are."

"Oh! I think I see you, hold on I'm coming." I kept looking out the window and saw linky Jack emerge from a bush and stalk to us. Weirdo.

I unbuckled and Levi and I got out, Harold came out and started getting my things out of the trunk for me. Jack came up and hugged me, and kneeled down and patted Levi's head. "Awe, he's not so big." He smiled gently and rose, taking my bags in his hands now. "Thanks Harold." Jack commented and they shook hands firmly.