Chapter 55: Fans & Trouble.

*Alex's POV*

We finally arrived in Winchester, VA, for our first show. I was jittery and bouncing off the walls because after all the driving we finally got to get out for the night and play a kick ass first show. Zach was hanging out in the lounge, I could hear him strumming on an acoustic, and Rian was being all mushy gushy on the phone with his mom, oh the spud, and Jack was.. Being himself. He was jumping from big furniture piece to the next, and even though he was panting, he refused to stop and take a minute. I, was sitting in my bunk, my legs shaking with excitement and goosebumps rising up my arms. I smiled down at my phone, the screen saver of Cameo and I making weird, Gold Fish eyes and double chinned tongued out faces at each other during a vidcon event I surprised her with awhile back.

I clicked off my phone after answering some tweets from some fans, as many as I could get to anyhow, and put my phone back in my pocket before sliding out of my bunk to find Zach and force him to be social, and make Rian get off the phone so he was social too. When I got out, I started to go to the back, but stopped at the loud clatter of things falling to the floor, and seeing Jack, flinging everything to the floor with his body that was face palming the couch, then the floor of the bus. Ouch. I grinned, not being able to help myself, until he got up abruptly and yanked out his phone.

My smile left as quickly as it came at the outer glance of Jack's serious face with worried eyes. I turned back and came over to him, my face serious as I sat next to him and draped my arm over his shoulder. "What's wrong?"

He was staring intently at his phone, his thick eyebrows furrowed together so hard, they looked like they suddenly grew as one. "Nothing." He muttered, not looking at me and still scrolling on his phone. Scroll, type, scroll, type.. It was turning into a process.

"Why do you think you can lie to me? I've known you for years and you think just by sitting there, staring at your phone and ignoring me, aside from just telling me, "nothing" that I should really think you're OK?" I squeezed him close to my side and released when he pulled away.

"I'm good Al, just uh- gimme a few alone OK?" He finally looked over at me, his phone glare illuminating his face. I gulped but nodded, fighting every urge to yank his phone from his hands and look myself just to get this over with.

I was getting up to give him his alone time, when he jumped up himself and scrambled to his bunk quietly, hurrying to shut the curtain behind him. I felt the cool air rush to my side where he'd been sitting and I felt alone for once in a long time. I looked down at the empty spot he'd been sitting at and leaned back into the couch.

Zach came out, his guitar in hand and a blank expression on his face. "Hey Zach." I nodded as he went to the fridge and pulled out a water.

"Hey. I heard all that noise, did Jack hurt himself?" He laid the guitar on the kitchen table and came to sit next to me.

"No, he fell, but if he hurt himself it didn't show. He is acting weird though, like something's wrong."

"Jack? Weird? Never!" He chuckled until he saw my serious face. "Well, doesn't he tell you when something's wrong usually?"

"Yeah but.."

"No he'll be fine, maybe.. I don't know, Jack's weird though, alright? Maybe it's just some weird short phase he's dealing with before the show."

I shook my head slowly, a sigh escaping my lips. "Nope. He was looking at his phone, something on there was freaking him out." My head instantly flashed to back to the lounge when Jack was showing me all the tweets Lisa had started. Was it something like that again?