Chapter 22: I'll Be Blunt.

*Cameo's POV*

I was walking around outside, down the hotel driveway, and down the sidewalk near little shops all lit up and still bustling with people. My tears would dry for the most part, until I'd see a couple, didn't matter the age, holding hands and going on dates and kissing and such, because I'd think of Alex. Maybe this was all a big, horrible sign that we shouldn't have done any of this. I sighed and when I looped around the block after looking at all the shops, and found my way to the main road. I didn't know where I was walking to, or even if I was going in the right direction, but I wanted to just get away from tonight. I can't believe how sour this night turned out.

.............//...........//..

*Alex's POV*

I ran out of the elevator and through the people coming in and to the cool air outside. I looked around frantically for Cameo, my heart racing with the worry of where she went. "Cameo!" I called out, looking around for her, running through the parking lot, in and out of shops, and down the road leading to the main road. It was dark outside and there were no cars driving down the road. I slowed my run to an eventual walk and tears were blurring my vision. I can't loose her, how did all this happen so quickly?

I sighed and tried to compose myself in the darkness. When i took a few breaths and sucked up my tears, I kept walking, picking up the pace some in hopes to find her. Almost to the edge of the road, I see the outline of a stop sign and something sitting, leaning on it. It was a blurred, black shape. Blurred, because the tears sprung up again at the thought that it was her. I walked over quietly and took my phone out of my pocket. Shining it down, I saw Cameo curled up, crying into her knees.

"Cam?" I called down gingerly, slowly sinking down next to her and putting my hand on her shoulder. "Cameo, it'll be ok." I managed, choking on my happy tears coming out. I was so elated to have found her. "I didn't know that that was going to happen, and it shouldn't have, I'm sorry." I rubbed her shoulders and she snapped her head up, shooting me an unbelievable gaze.

"You must be joking. Everthing will be ok? Since when? How long am I, or you, or we, suppose to wait before it's all ok?! Your mom doesn't want us together, and family is one of the most important things to me, how is it going to work out that your own mom hates me and the thought of us staying together?! Rian, one of your BEST friends, that's practically family, doesn't like me or us together, for basically the same reasons as your mom. It just makes me think of who else really doesn't want or like us together. Alex, I don't know what to do anymore.." She was yelling at me, but the last line came out shaky and near silent. She rubbed her nose and dropped her legs to a sloppy criss cross apple sauce position.

I watched her face, her eyes dropped from mine to her shoes and she refused to look at me. I couldn't stop staring at her. Was she really trying to call it quits right now? Today, after earlier? I blew out a heavy sigh and bent my head in my hands. "What do you want to do then? I don't want this, any of it. I want you to be happy, but with me, because like you said to my mom, you make me happy. I care about you, so much, I don't want you to give up now, not everyone has always or ever liked my past girlfriends, so who cares now? Cameo, stay please." I sounded pathetic begging, but I needed her, I wanted her. "I'm open and ready to lay it all out on the line for you. I don't know who we'll fix this with Rian, or mom, or anyone else down the road, but we'll be together and we'll have each other through it all. I think we'll be ok." She sighed and looked back at me, all the makeup smeared down her face.

............//..............//.......

*Cameo's POV*

"I think I love you." I whispered, not even sure why I was saying it aside from the fact that it was true. I couldn't tell if Alex had heard me or not and I looked back at him, I fluttered my eyes shut when I saw how close his face was to mine and that he was going in for a kiss. It was a short moment but one that gave me butterflies me dried all my tears.

"Please, don't go." He whispered against my lips. I kissed him again and cupped both sides of his face with my hands.

"I don't think I ever really could." He smiled against my temple at my response and that eased my tense body. We both sighed heavily and my body gave way into his arms. I guess he didn't hear what I said, and that's fine by me.

-------//----//---

*Alex's POV*

We got to the bus after the longest ride possible in the cab, our hands or some form of body part touching or grazing one another. Each time it was like static was buzzing between us, it made my heart skip and I had no clue if it was from today's emotional stress or the happiness I had after hearing her tell me how she thinks she loves me.

"Everyone's already asleep." I muttered when we got out and walked to the bus. Every bus was dark and quiet, I took Cameo's hand in mine and led her to our door. We faced each other and I brushed her lazily blown bangs from her face. "Tonight's been something else." I made a noise that came out like a chuckle.

She cracked a smile and shone a toothy grin. "Yeah, I'm surprised I can even manage a smile after it all." She looked up at the puffy clouds blocking the stars and watched them float. While she was watching them I was watching the pulse at her neck. Instinctively, I leaned in and kissed the pressure point faintly. She rolled her head back up to meet my unsure gaze and smiled cautiously. What am I doing?

"We should, get some sleep." I managed, and turned away from her to open the bus door quietly and to distract my thoughts from her momentarily. She followed me into the bus and snaked her arms to my sides to follow me through the darkness. We were almost to the bunks when she caught off balance or something and made a loud clattering noise. She sputtered, trying to hold her laughter in, but couldn't help it. She burst into laughter and it became contagious. We laughed to our bunks and turned to each other next to them.

"Goodnight." She whispered, I could see her outlines in shadows smiling. I traced her features softly with my index finger and smiled.

"I'm really glad you couldn't leave." I whispered back, and inclined my face to hers. She popped up the rest of the way and kissed me. It started out soft and sweet, but kissing longer, it changed. Her top lip was biting my bottom, begging to open up to her, I sighed into her mouth and wrapped my arms around her waist and hers locked around my neck. I finally gave way and opened my mouth a little wider, letting my tongue meet hers. We stood there, heavy breathing getting muffled, then released every time we came together and departed. I pulled back first, passion and hunger for her growing inside. Our breathing was labored and she broke the only sound of our heavy breathing with her hushed giggles.

"Goodnight." She repeated, and reached up to peck me on the cheek.  

 "Night Love." I mumbled back, and climbed into my bunk.

((What?!! Surprised? No? Yeah me neither, love is love.(: anyways, there's a lot of excitement that no one will be expecting later on so keep reading and be sure to vote, comment, and check out my other book I'm writing! Thanks everyone!))