Chapter 21: I'd Rather Know Nothing With You, Then Know Everything Without.

*Alex's POV*

My phone started vibrating while Cameo and I were laying there. I groaned unpleasantly and reached into my pocket to see who was calling. My moms number and smiling face appeared on the screen and I looked at Cameo, and then to the phone. I answered it and slid up, taking Cameo up with me.

"Hey mom." I tried to sound nonchalant when I felt Cameo still in my arm. "Yea I think we can make it. How long?" I looked down at Cameo and she looked blank faced like she was trying to listen. "Sure, let me just tell her and we'll get going." I nudged her and she snapped out of her daze.

"Alright, love you too mom." I hung up and put the phone back in my pocket. I could feel Cameo staring at me and I sighed when I looked at her.

"What was that about?" She was playing with my fingers.

"My mom wants us to come over." I licked my bottom lip.

"Now?" She asked, looking up at me hurt. I nodded and she but her bottom lip nervously. "So I guess we should go now then." She slowly dragged out, and u nodded again in agreement.

"It'll be fine." I stood and pulled her up with me. I knew she'd be nervous going to my moms when the first time they'd met it was more on hostile terms and my mom didn't take to kindly to her. "I promise." She nodded but I knew she was still worried.

We rode back to the dirt where we'd started, and walked hand in hand back to the buses. Her hand was clammy and trembling, but I knew anything i said to her wouldn't register. Soon we came upon the buses again, and the lights were all off inside ours, but looking down the line, we saw all the lights blazing on The DownTown Fiction's bus.

"Do you want to change while I call for a cab?" She shook her head and we turned on the lights on the bus as we walked through.

"I'll just go touch up my hair and makeup." She mumbled as she went in the bathroom. I sat on the table and wished I could relax her. I too out my phone and called for a cab, which said would pull up shortly.

"Cam?" I called, knocking on the door with my knuckle. "The cab'll be here shortly, are you alright?" I listened with my ear against the door and there was the longest pause before she unlocked the door and cracked it open. I opened it wider and she was leaning on the sink counter, wiping the black mascara tears running down her face. "Hey, hey." I soothed, turning her away from the mirror and pulling her to my chest.

"Rian hates me even though he said otherwise, your mom hates me, and I'm just so nervous how to make this all ok. I want her to like me." She mumbled into my chest. I heard her sniffle and I stroked her hair.

"Rian hates everyone.. And my mom just doesn't want me to be grown. But she doesn't hate you, and you'll see that tonight." I kissed the too of her hair and she picked her head up, sniffling.

"I'm sorry I got makeup on your pretty shirt."

I smiled gently and wiped her tears. "Nothing a washer won't fix."

She smiled halfheartedly and looked back at the mirror to examine her makeup damage. She brushed her bangs from her eyes and quickly turned back to me and in one swift, fluent motion, wrapped her arms around my neck, reached on her tippy toes and kissed my lips lightly.

...........//.......//...

*Cameo's POV*

Alex was caught off guard by the sudden kiss, but I wanted to thank him without speaking, in fear that'd I'd start crying again. I pulled back from the kiss and smiled up at him, unraveling my arms and turning back to the mirror.