#14 Wake Up! This is Important!

Annabeth was laying on her bed, trying to sleep through the howling wind and crashing rain. Her lights were off, but the dim light of the street lamp kept her room slightly illuminated.

She could see several buildings around her dorm room in New Rome, and usually looked at them to relax and ease to sleep, but tonight she still couldn't knock out. She was exhausted, but sleep wouldn't come.

Quietly, she got out of bed and tiptoed to the kitchen to get some water. She didn't have any roommates, and she knew why. Many Roman had died fighting off monsters last year, bravely dying for their cause. Annabeth tried not to think about that and walked back to try and fall asleep.

After five minutes, she was on the edge of sleep, almost drifting off to finally get some rest. For a second, she thought she'd dozed off. Who'd be knocking on her door at midnight on a weeknight?

But it was there, and the continuous rapping made her head throb as she stumbled back to the door. She was half asleep and dazed when Percy's worried face came into vision.

His eyes drifted appreciatively over her tank top and shorts before looking back into her eyes. "Finally! I've been standing here for, like, seven seconds." He complained, leaning against the doorframe.

Annabeth was more than mad, she was completely furious. He'd waken her up on the night before her big test, just to check her out then make a snarky remark. She huffed, glaring at him.

"And why, exactly, are you here?" She asked. Percy's eyes lit up and he beamed.

"Oh! Right! Sorry, you distracted me." Annabeth's face felt hot, but she ignored it.

"Spit it out, Seaweed Brain." She rolled her eyes.

"You left before I got to stay I love you..." Percy replied sheepishly, the tips of his ears turning red. Annabeth almost smiled. It was kind of sweet of him. But, she was tired, she was stressed, and she was Annabeth Chase, so she didn't exactly jump for joy.

"I love you too, Seaweed Brain. Now, go away." She ordered, moving to close the door and crawl back under the covers. Before she could, however, Percy stuck his foot in the door.

"Ow!" He exclaimed when she opened the door again. "That hurt. Anyway, no kiss?" Percy tried to do that 'injured baby seal' face, but Annabeth wasn't affected by it.

"Percy... To be honest, no, your breath smells like fish and I'm tired." She tried to shut the door once more, but he blocked it with his body.

"On the cheek?" He asked, pouting. Annabeth sighed and kissed his cheek, but he moved his head and her lips landed on his.

"Perseus Jackson!" She shouted, probably waking up the whole campus. Well, she was right, he smelled like fish. Before she could murder him, he ran off towards his own dorm, smiling like a lunatic as she slammed her door shut.